There are currently two bills under consideration in Pennsylvania that would significantly expand the dangerous practice of pharmacists vaccinating children as young as nine years old.
Currently, pharmacists can administer only flu vaccines to children nine years and older.
SB 274/HB 91 would allow pharmacists to administer all vaccines, while HB 2915 specifically allows pharmacists to administer fast-tracked COVID-19 vaccines when they become available.
Neither the current law nor either of the bills require a prescription from a physician or that the pharmacist be aware of the child’s medical history.
This creates significant risks for children. Pharmacists are not qualified to recognize or handle serious adverse reactions, which are more likely to occur if they do not have full knowledge of patient or family history.
Pharmacy schools provide very limited vaccine education, with an average curriculum of only 8.4 hours. Most pharmacies do not have lifesaving defibrillators like they do in doctor’s offices. Imagine what could happen if a child experiences a life-threatening vaccine reaction at a pharmacy within the grocery store!
And the risks multiply when it comes to COVID-19 vaccines. Vaccine developers have been given permission to rush their vaccines to market without testing in animals – and have also been given complete indemnity if their vaccines cause harm.
All previous coronavirus vaccines in vaccine trials have shown significant harmful side effects, and there is every reason to expect that a fast-tracked COVID-19 vaccine would as well. In fact, healthy trial volunteers have experienced serious side effects from COVID-19 vaccines. For example, 20 percent of those in the high dose group of Moderna’s recent vaccine trails experienced a “serious” vaccine reaction that required hospitalization or medical intervention.
Pharmacists should not be administering vaccines to children; much less what is almost certain to be a high-risk vaccine.
Please help stop these bills! Just a few minutes of your time can make a difference.
Contact your State Legislators and urge them to oppose SB 274/HB 91 and HB 2915.
(Contact your Senator for SB 274 and your Representative for HB 91 and HB 2915.)
You can look up who represents you at:
Below is a sample script for calls or emails. This is just intended to help you organize your thoughts. The most effective message is the one that is in your own words, not a form letter or rote recital!
“Hi, my name is ____ and I live in (town). I am calling to ask Senator (or Representative)____ to oppose SB 274/HB 91 and HB 2915.
I oppose these bills because young children need to be in a doctor’s care for medical procedures. Vaccines can have serious side effects, which pharmacists are not qualified to recognize or treat.
As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court – and evidenced by the $4.4 billion that has been paid by the federal government to victims – vaccines can injure and kill an individual.
It is reckless to allow pharmacists to administer vaccines, especially when they do not have access to a person’s medical history.
I urge _______ to oppose these bills.”
Keep your call or email short! Pick the 2 or 3 talking points that are most important to you, and be sure to explain why this issue matters to you personally.
- When pharmacists are allowed to vaccinate, it diminishes the doctor/patient relationship.
- Federal law recognizes that vaccines kill and disable some recipients. These risks depend on a person’s medical history and family history. Pharmacists do not have knowledge of, nor the time to learn about, a person’s medical history. This is dangerous.
- Allowing pharmacists to vaccinate without access to a person’s medical records means that person may receive unintended or duplicate vaccines.
- Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Pharmacists are not equipped to recognize, nor handle serious adverse reactions.
- The US Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US government has paid out more than $4.4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination. Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death, additionally, no one knows in advance who will be harmed by a vaccine. It is careless to permit pharmacists to administer a product that carries such risks.
- COVID vaccines have NOT been proven effective or safe to date. This bill is premature.
- Fast-tracked vaccines bypass critical safety testing and have proved dangerous in the past.
- COVID vaccine trial volunteers are reporting very serious illnesses. https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/modernas-guinea-pig-sickest-in-his-life-after-being-injected-with-experimental-vaccine/
View text, status and history of the bills here:
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2019&sind=0&body=H&type=B&bn=2915🖨️ Print post
Susan Dorey says
Last August the DHHS issued an emergency directive allowing pharmacists to administer vaccines without prescriptions to patients over three years old during the declared state of emergency. I found this info at http://www.mercatus.org/publications/healthcare/covid-19-vaccine-administration-and-pharmacist-scope-practice-reform
I agree with you that vaccinations are not what they are cracked up to be, but this may be a Sisyphean effort. All 50 states already allow pharmacists to administer vaccines.
By all means, we should oppose vaccination. But we need to be strategic.
Best of luck and my greatest admiration to you!