Jeffrey Smith is is the founder and leader of the institute for Responsible Technology. He is also a bestselling author, filmmaker, and expert on genetically-modified organisms. In today’s episode, he carefully and thoroughly explains what GMOs are, what crops have been genetically modified in the U.S., the impact they have had on our health and what we can do about their growing presence in our diets.
Jeffrey has had years of extensive research on the topic. He refutes what the FDA says about their safety, and he busts some myths related to GMOs (that they can help feed the world, and that they reduce the amount of pesticides used by farmers, for example). He also provides clear evidence to support their detrimental effects on animals and people. Problems associated with GMO foods include: gastrointestinal problems, immune system issues, reproductive damage, and conditions that affect organ function. Studies also point to premature death, tumors, possible cancer, and hormone disruption. Some people suffer brain fog, fibromyalgia, immune system concerns, anxiety, depression, pain, headaches, and skin conditions, as a result of eating GMO food.
The list of concerns is long, but there is still hope. Jeffrey gives concrete tips about how to protect yourself and your family from the health risk GMOs pose. He also makes a plea for activism to make a difference on a larger scale.
Jeffrey Smith is the founder of the institute for Responsible Technology. He is also a bestselling author, filmmaker, and GMO expert. Jeffrey’s passion is to make the world aware of the myths and truths of GMOs. You will get the benefit of his years of extensive research and communications on the topic. You’ll learn about the dangers GMOs pose in our food supply and in animals’ feed. Though the consequences are serious, Jeffrey does not leave us without hope. He gives us concrete tips about how to protect ourselves from the health risk GMOs present and suggestions for how to bring about change on a bigger level.
Jeffrey touches on a lot of aspects of the issue, including:
- health improvements that people notice when they turn to non-GMO foods
- data from doctors & scientists who have documented the results
- the definition of GMOs: creating herbicide-tolerant crops
- how corn and cotton crops have been impacted
- other crops that have also been genetically-modified, including soy, corn, cotton, canola, sugar beets, alfalfa, papaya, zucchini, yellow squash, apples and potatoes
- what the FDA scientists say about their safety
- how Michael Taylor’s leadership at the FDA switched their (Michael Taylor had been an attorney with Monsanto.)
- how documents made public from a lawsuit show that scientists at the FDA disagreed with the new policy
- how animals that had been fed GMO foods suffered from gastrointestinal problems, immune system problems, reproductive problems, organ problems.
- later studies showed early death, tumors, possible cancer, hormone disruption among animals
- how people’s health concerns mirror those of the animals
- many complain of brain fog, fibromyalgia, immune system concerns, gastrointestinal issues, anxiety, depression, pain, headaches, & skin conditions
- how to avoid GMOs
- how 58% of Americans say they are looking for non-GMO foods
- why we haven’t heard much about the dangers of GMOs
- how Europe moved quickly to ban GMOs, but the U.S. has not
- the myths promulgated by GMO propaganda machine: how GMOs can feed the world; how GMOs require fewer pesticides
- the original purpose of the herbicide Round Up, its properties, & how it is used on our food supply
- how Round Up blocks pathways that allow the liver to detox
- how animals’ health improves when GMOs are removed from their feed
- how to protect your family from GMOs
- how the non-GMO label and the organic label together make up the “gold standard”
- The three steps he recommends to protect your health and make a difference for everyone
“Genetic roulette” movie released in 2012
“Secret ingredients” to be released in 2017
nongmoshoppingguide.com lists 35,000 non-GMO products
responsibletechnology.org (sign up for newsletter)
Institute for Responsible Technology FB page🖨️ Print post
Leave a Reply