URGENT ACTION ALERT
PROPOSED VIRGINIA LEGISLATION WOULD REMOVE RELIGIOUS EXEMPTIONS TO VACCINATION AND SEVERELY RESTRICT MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS
Virginia needs to mobilize to OPPOSE any new legislation that would take away religious exemptions and impose strict regulations on medical exemptions.
This is the last chance to let the Joint Health Care Commission (JCHC) know you expect them to TAKE NO ACTION before they take their final vote on whether religious exemptions to vaccination should be removed and medical exemptions restricted. The JCHC was presented with 9 options and OPTION 1 – TAKE NO ACTION is what we are requesting. (See link below to view all options.)
If Virginia looses its religious exemption, your children will not be able to attend school without vaccine compliance and homeschoolers will still be required to report vaccination status.
It is critical that Virginian’s let the JCHC know they OPPOSE this removal of our rights and freedoms by attending the Joint Commission on Healthcare (JCHC) meeting in the General Assembly Building, Meeting Room A, 201 N. 9th Street, Richmond, VA, 23219 on November 9th, 2016 at 10 a.m.
We must keep religious exemptions in VA. If we fail to protect these civil rights, we can expect to see many more states loose their exemptions.
Thanks to your efforts, 674 people submitted public comment to the JCHC requesting TAKE NO ACTION and over 500 citizens showed up at the August 3rd meeting wearing red to let the JCHC know their position. Only 5 public comments didn’t recommend TAKE NO ACTION. Even the Virginia Department of Public Health recommends OPTION 1 – TAKE NO ACTION.
This is the final push. We can not assume for one moment that the JCHC will vote in our favor even though they have had tremendous public outcry. Be sure to wear RED to show your support. Let’s pack the room once again and help send a message to the Virginia legislators that voters in the Commonwealth of Virginia are standing up and fighting for the human right to informed consent to vaccination!
FREE Ride on the NVIC Bus: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) will be filling buses on Nov. 9th in Charlottesville, Hampton Roads and Northern Virginia. You can ride the bus for FREE. Join with other families who care about freedom and want the right to exercise their conscience under the Virginia Constitution. Plan to be at the bus by 7:30 a.m. and you should be back home by around 2:00.
Book Your Bus Seat Now: If you want to come to Richmond, let NVIC know right away by reserving a seat at Eventbrite here. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ride-the-bus-to-richmond-november-9-tickets-28319716033
You cannot ride the bus without your Eventbrite registration. All children must be registered and a seat reserved. Please book your seat ASAP so NVIC knows how many people are coming and we can reserve the buses. (NVIC only has a week left to make final bus arrangements.)
ACTION TO TAKE:
Show your support for Virginia vaccine exemptions in Richmond on November 9th, 2016 by attending the Joint Commission on Healthcare (JCHC) meeting in the General Assembly Building, Meeting Room A, 201 N. 9th Street, Richmond, VA, 23219 at 10 a.m.
OTHER ACTIONS TO TAKE:
Wear red and bring your friends to show Virginia legislators that you care about protecting freedom of religion and conscience in your state.
Email members of the JCHC directly and ask them to vote TAKE NO ACTION on November 9, 2016. See contact list below.
Even if the JCHC votes to TAKE NO ACTION, a legislator could still introduce new legislation in January. Contact your Delegate via phone and email and ask them to oppose any future legislation that removes religious exemptions or restricts medical exemptions to vaccines. Please write, “OPPOSE restricting vaccine exemptions in VA” in the subject box and be sure to include your name, address, and district. Find who represents you here: http://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov
Opt to meet your Delegate and Senator in person. Make an appointment to meet with them and share your opinion. Ask them to oppose any legislation that removes religious exemptions or restricts medical exemptions to vaccines.
Find who represents you and his/her contact information here: http://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov
JCHC email list:
firstname.lastname@example.org, DelDBulova@house.virginia.gov, email@example.com, DelBCline@house.virginia.gov, firstname.lastname@example.org, DelSGarrett@house.virginia.gov, DelPHope@house.virginia.gov, DelRIngram@house.virginia.gov, DelKKory@house.virginia.gov, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, DelJOBannon@house.virginia.gov, DelCPeace@house.virginia.gov, DelCStolle@house.virginia.gov, DelRTyler@house.virginia.gov,
JCHC phone list: Richmond District Office
Sen. George Barker (804) 698-7539 (703) 303-1426
Del. David Bulova (804) 698-1037 (703) 310-6752
Sen. Charles W Carrico, Sr. (804) 698-7540 (276) 236-0098
Del. Benjamin L. Cline (804) 698-1024 (434) 946-9908
Sen. John S. Edwards (804) 698-7521 (540) 985-8690
Del. T. Scott Garrett (804) 698-1023 (434) 455-0243
Del Patrick A.Hope (804) 698-1047 (703) 486-1010
Del. Riley E. Ingram (804) 698-1062 (804) 458-9873
Del. Kaye Kory (804) 698-1038 (703) 354-6024
Sen. Louise Lucas (804) 698-7518 (757) 397-8209
Sen. John C. Miller (804) 698-7501 (757) 595-1100
Del. John M.O’Bannon, III (804) 698-1073 (804) 282-8640
Del. Christopher K. Peace (804) 698-1097 (804) 730-3737
Del. Christopher P.Stolle (804) 698-1083 (757) 633-2080
Del. Roslyn C.Tyler (804) 698-1075 (434) 336-1710
1) You have DEEP concerns about any legislation that would remove religious exemptions or restrict medical exemptions to vaccines and are strongly opposed to it.
2) Why this is personal to you: a vaccine reaction in someone you know, harassment, etc.
3) Virginia has one of the lowest vaccine exemption rates in the country with only 1.1% of kindergarteners filing either a religious or medical exemption. According to the CDC only 305 children have a medical exemption and 891 have a religious exemption. Why persecute 1,200 children?
4) Virginia is the hallowed ground where freedom of thought, conscious and religion was defined by our forefathers as a natural right and codified into national law. Virginia has a history of the strongest parental rights in the country and you expect it to stay that way. The 1st Amendments protects religious freedoms and therefor it is a violation of the Virginia Constitution to take away religious exemptions.
5) Some vaccines contain aborted fetal tissue and those with religious or moral or any kind of objection should be able to exercise their rights to vaccine exemptions.
6) Your body and your children’s bodies do not belong to the state. You want to be free to choose how you nourish and keep yourselves healthy. This type of legislation takes away the right to informed consent to vaccination for our children. I am pro-information and pro-civil rights.
7) Vaccines are given to healthy individuals and thus should carry zero risk to the recipient but this is not the case. In fact, the US Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients.
https://www.nvic.org/CMSTemplates/NVIC/pdf/NVIC-amicus-as-filed-090809.pdf The US Government has paid out more that $3 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
8) Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm.
9) Vaccine fail even in fully vaccinated people and no one knows who will not respond to a vaccine, nor how quickly the vaccine’s protection will wane if it did provoke a response in the first place. According to the CDC, the 2014-2015 flu shot was only approximately 19% effective. Individuals vaccinated with an acellular pertussis vaccine may show no symptoms yet still become infected and spread pertussis to others including infants.
10) Science does not support vaccine mandates of health workers. The Cochrane Collaboration concluded, “There is no evidence that only vaccinating healthcare workers prevents laboratory-proven influenza or its complications (lower respiratory tract infection, hospitalization or death due to lower respiratory tract infection) in individuals aged 60 or over in LTCIs and thus no evidence to mandate compulsory vaccination of healthcare workers”.
11) Vaccinated individuals can spread disease for several weeks after receiving a live virus vaccine.
12) Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. Vaccine makers have no incentive to make vaccines safe.
13) Most of the vaccines given today are for diseases that are either rare or mild. For example, there have been no deaths from measles during the last 10 years, but 108 deaths reported after the MMR vaccine during the same time period.
14) It is immoral to force a person to inject a pharmaceutical product into their body, or anything for that matter, even more so when that product could injure or kill them.
15) There are many other ways to stay healthy: a healthy diet, adequate rest, sunshine and exercise, etc. without any risk of vaccine injury.
16) If we mandate vaccines, will we also mandate other medical procedures, such as fetal ultrasound, mammograms and colonoscopy? Will we dictate medical procedures based on genetic testing? Will we have a medical police to determine whether someone can leave the house with a cough?
17) Children today receive 69 doses of vaccines for 16 different viral and bacterial illnesses which more than doubles the government childhood schedule of 34 doses of 11 different vaccines in the year 2000. A vaccine exemption is filed regardless of whether it is for one dose or all doses. Thirty-five doses and 5 more unique vaccines have been added to the schedule in the last 15 years. Those supporting forced vaccination are being dishonest by not acknowledging the exploding vaccine schedule while sounding alarms over small increases in overall non-medical exemptions.
18) There are hundreds of new vaccines in development and several thousand vaccine clinical trials being conducted, including for infectious and non-infectious diseases such as gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, HIV/AIDS, genital herpes, RSV, avian flu, asthma, strep B, cytomegalovirus, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, e-coli, salmonella, asthma, diabetes, obesity, anti-cocaine and heroin use. If vaccine manufactures and others who profit from forced vaccination convince legislators to take away our right to decline a vaccine now, what will our future look like?
19) In the past 5 years, drug makers have paid the US Government 19.2 billion in criminal and civil FRAUD penalties. Skepticism of the pharmaceutical industry is well deserved.
20) Physicians, in the American Medical Association Code of Ethics, affirm philosophical and religious exemptions for themselves. See Opinion 9.133 Routine Universal Immunization of Physicians. Parents should have that same right.🖨️ Print post