The Illinois state legislature is considering a draconian vaccination bill that attacks those who don’t vaccinate whether for religious or medical grounds, while simultaneously removing one of the very few limitations that exist to improve vaccine safety!
SB 3668 would:
- Eliminate the religious belief exemption to vaccination for all students K-12 and college
- Restrict medical exemptions to vaccination to only those contraindications listed by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), and require that they be recertified by the doctor every year
- Exclude unvaccinated children from school “when a school’s vaccination rate per disease falls below the scientifically established herd immunity level” – even if there is NO outbreak occurring
- Allow minors 14 and older to receive any and all vaccines without parental consent
- Eliminate protective language ensuring that a child not be considered neglected or abused for the sole reason that their parents/guardians do not vaccinate for religious reasons
- Repeal the Mercury-Free Vaccination Act
So let’s be clear: the bill infringes on people’s religious beliefs and threatens not only their children’s right to an education, but the very right to keep their children if they don’t vaccinate for religious reasons. It limits the grounds that a doctor can find that the risks of vaccination outweigh the benefits for an individual child. It takes away children’s right to an education even if they have a valid medical reason to not get a vaccine, based on an arbitrary number in the absence of any actual health risk to other children.
And it does all this while repealing what should be an absolute minimum standard for vaccine safety, namely that it doesn’t contain mercury, one of the worst neurotoxins known.
Please help us stop this terrible bill by contacting your Illinois state legislators today!
Contact your Illinois State Senator and ask them to OPPPOSE S.B. 3668. You can find out who represents you at: https://www.illinoispolicy.org/maps/illinois-senate/
(Be sure to contact your State Senator, not your U.S. Senators)
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator ____ to OPPOSE SB 3668, which would eliminate religious belief exemptions to vaccination, restrict medical exemptions, and allow minors to consent to vaccines.
Religious freedom is one of our fundamental rights. Whether it is because of the use of aborted fetal tissue in vaccines or for any other religious reason, individual religious views on vaccines need to be respected.
I oppose any legislation that would allow minors to consent to vaccines without parental consent.
As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court, vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry risk of injury or death. It is irresponsible to allow children to make medical decisions that may injure or kill them without the knowledge of their parents.
The U.S. Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has awarded over 4 billion dollars to vaccine victims. And the true numbers of injuries are undoubtedly much higher, since it is estimated that two out of three plaintiffs are turned away, and a government study found that less than 1 percent of all vaccine injuries are ever reported in the first place.
The doctor-patient relationship must be protected. Only a doctor should be able to determine whether or not a child is medically contracted to vaccination.
There is no need to restrict medical exemptions or eliminate religious exemptions to vaccination. The Illinois vaccination rate is currently at 95%. The current law is working.
I urge Senator _____ to oppose SB 3668.”
- The Illinois vaccination rate is currently at 95% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing religious exemption has not decreased rates and must be left intact. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6640a3.htm
- The “public health” is not a compelling reason to override religious freedom when it comes to vaccines because unvaccinated individuals do not threaten others’ health any more than vaccinated individuals. In fact, vaccinated individuals can pose greater risk to public health due to a process known as shedding. Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterwards. https://www.westonaprice.org/studies-show-that-vaccinated-individuals-spread-disease/
- Excluding children with medical exemptions from school when there is NO active outbreak is arbitrary and discriminatory.
- By consenting to a vaccine, a child is also consenting a shortened statute of limitations for any claim of injury under the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program – presumably with little or no understanding of what that means. It is also much less likely vaccine reactions will be recognized and connected to the vaccine by a child on their own and filed with the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.
- Given the prevailing – incorrect – belief among health care professionals that vaccines pose no risk, they often use coercive tactics to push people into vaccinating. It is improper for a minor to be subject to this pressure to agree to a medical procedure that is capable of causing injury or death.
- The CDC’s recommended childhood vaccine schedule includes 69 doses of 16 different vaccines. These vaccines contain toxic ingredients including mercury, aluminum, foreign DNA and proteins, MSG, Polysorbate 80, squalene oil and formaldehyde. None of these childhood vaccines have been studied when given in conjunction with each other.
- The US Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out approximately $4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths.
If you want to learn more about other vaccine bills being considered in Iowa visit: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) https://nvicadvocacy.org/members/Home.aspx