Although not as well known as caviar, salmon roe is a delicious and simple to prepare food for a snack or as an addition to a meal. In comparison to caviar, salmon roe eggs are quite a bit larger. Typically cured in a salt water brine, one can also add things like coconut aminos to spice them up a bit.
My kids love eating salmon roe as a snack, either with a spoon or on top of cucumber slices. Since I carefully source our fish from a local fisherman, I am completely comfortable serving this nutritious food to my children anytime. Salmon Roe Bites are also a fancy looking dish to bring to any event as a beautiful appetizer.
- prepared salmon roe
- 3 cucumbers, skinned and sliced
- coconut aminos
1. Place sliced cucumbers on serving plate.
2. Top each cucumber slice with a spoonful of roe.
3. Sprinkle dulse flakes over the roe.
4. Serve with coconut aminos on the side or sprinkled on top.