Squash fritters are another way to use up that summer squash and get the family to enjoy fresh veggies. This is a super easy recipe to make! They are gobbled up at my house by all 4 kiddos and my hubby, with NO leftovers. And they are a frequent request. To add some probiotics to the mix we serve these topped with kefir cheese or creme fraiche. So good!
- 3-4 summer squash – yellow, zucchini or a combination
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup organic sprouted flour
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- coconut oil
- Grate your squash and place in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined. Use enough flour to bind but not too much. (You can replace the sprouted flour with almond flour or coconut flour for a gluten-free dish. If using almond flour, make it from soaked and dried almonds.)
- Form into patties with your hands.
- Fry in coconut oil on medium heat.
- Serve hot. Top with kefir cheese or creme fraiche.
- The feta cheese adds a more salty flavor so if you decide not to use it, you may need to up the salt a bit. Just salt to your taste.