Texas’ Senators have passed a good bill that makes multiple reforms for emergency preparedness and response. The bill addresses the basis for emergency orders, calls for an expert panel during declared emergencies – and bans “vaccine passports” for COVID-19.
S.B. 968 prevents Texas businesses from requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination to gain access to or receive service. Businesses that fail to comply would not be eligible for grants, nor would they be able to enter into a contract payable with state funds. Noncomplying businesses would also risk losing their licenses and permits to operate.
This bill is especially important given the pressure that is mounting to deny access to people who refuse COVID-19 injections, even though the shots are experimental, have been fast-tracked, and carry a high rate of side effects.
The bill has passed the Senate with bipartisan support. Now we need YOUR voice to help it pass the House!
Urge your legislators to support S.B. 968 to strike the balance between emergency response and individual rights.
Contact your State Representative and urge him or her SUPPORT S.B. 968 today!
You can look up who represents you at: https://wrm.capitol.texas.gov/home
Sample script for email or calls is below. Personalize it by adding your own sentences and changing the wording – personal letters are far more effective than form letters!
Please keep your call short and be nice to the staff that you speak with.
“My name is ____ and I live in (town). I am calling to ask Representative ____ to support S.B. 968, which makes Texas better prepared for a future public health emergency.
The bill provides for an effective public health response while also respecting the rights of individuals.
The most important part of the bill for me is that it protects individuals’ rights to choose whether or not to be injected with the experimental, fast-tracked COVID-19 vaccine. As recognized by the World Health Organization, vaccine passports create two separate classes of citizens, something that is abhorrent to the principle of equal rights in this country.
People are free to choose if they want to be vaccinated – but they should not be forced to take injections that carry a risk of injury, in order to enter a business.
I urge Representative _____to SUPPORT S.B. 968, which would protect my right to bodily autonomy.
Keep your call or email short! Pick the 2 or 3 of these talking points – or none of them — that are most important to you, and be sure to explain why this issue matters to you personally.
- Share why this is personal to you. Do you or a family member have a history of vaccine reactions? Are you at risk for autoimmune conditions or other potential side effects of the COVID-19 shot?
- One of the most basic human rights is that of bodily autonomy, as recognized by the Nuremburg Code. Ethical medicine requires prior, completely voluntary and fully informed consent.
- Vaccines are medical procedures that carry risk of serious injury. The U.S. Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The U.S. Government has paid out $4.4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
- COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers and providers are shielded from liability through the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act, or PREP Act. The only option for compensating people injured by COVID-19 vaccines is the Countermeasures Injury Compensation program (CICP). Only eight percent of all petitioners since 2010 have been awarded compensation through the CICP. No legal or medial expert fees are covered, no pain and suffering is awarded, lost wages are capped at $50,000, and there is no judicial appeal. In other words, the victims will be severely undercompensated while the pharmaceutical companies get rich.
- As of April 1, there have already been 118,902 COVID-19 Vaccine adverse events and 3,544 COVID-19 Vaccine deaths reported in the U.S. to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.php
Read the bill at: https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=SB968
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines, checkout this article: https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/heres-why-bill-gates-wants-indemnity-are-you-willing-to-take-the-risk/🖨️ Print post