Start the new year off by speaking up for a good bill in the Iowa legislature that would eliminate the requirement that students in independent private instruction provide proof of vaccination to the district.
Respecting parental autonomy in healthcare choices is essential. It is also important for parents to have the right to keep their religious reasons for not vaccinating private.
The Weston A. Price Foundation supports the part of the bill related to vaccination but does not take a position on the other sections.
Please help us protect the right to privacy by contacting your Iowa state legislators today!
Contact your Iowa State Representative and ask him/her to SUPPORT HF 464.
You can look up who represents you at https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/find
Calls are more effective than emails and only take a few minutes. Below is a sample script, and there are additional talking points after the second action item. Use your own words when you call or email – a personal message is always more effective than a form message!
“Hi, my name is ____, and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Representative ____ to SUPPORT HF 464.
I endorse this legislation as it aims to safeguard fundamental parental rights.
HF 464 proposes modifications to current laws regarding independent private instruction, specifically by eliminating a section that mandates proof of vaccinations.
Recognizing the significant role parents play in shaping and monitoring the health of their children, this legislation advocates for granting parents the right to make private healthcare decisions without the obligation to report to their district.
I urge Representative_______ to support this bill.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share why this is personal to you. Do you have philosophical or religious beliefs that conflict with vaccination? Have you or someone you know had a vaccine reaction?
- The right to privacy is a cornerstone of parental authority, extending to the realm of healthcare decisions for their children.
- Parents possess an inherent understanding of their child’s individual needs and values, making them best suited to navigate the intricacies of medical choices on their behalf.
- Upholding the principle of parental autonomy in healthcare reinforces the recognition that parents are primary advocates for the well-being of their children.
- Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death, and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm.
- Vaccines are medical procedures that carry a risk of serious injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). The U.S. Government has paid out approximately $5.1 billion as of January 2024 to the victims of vaccine injury, per VICP Data Reports. https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/hrsa/vicp/vicp-stats-01-01-24.pdf
View the text, status, and history of the bill here: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ga=90&ba=HF%20283🖨️ Print post