With these veggies coming in the garden now, this is a really yummy combination of flavors. I also like this salad because it will keep for several days in the refrigerator. Quantities are approximate, as I don’t measure.
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 4 small plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 ear sweet corn
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp Sucanat or other dark unrefined sugar recommended in the WAPF Shopping Guide
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Chopped tender garden greens (optional)
Cut the corn kernels off the cob. Mix kernels with all other ingredients. I added a mix of lamb’s quarters, chickweed, oxalis, and parsley from the garden for my greens. Refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
Use summer squash instead of cucumber.