These delicious Walnut Date Balls are my answer to chocolate cravings. They are sweet but not too sweet, and yet they feel like such a treat! They are great for a dessert or a midafternoon snack and they are particularly delectable with a glass of raw milk.
- 1 cup walnuts (sprouted, or soaked & dried)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (sprouted, or soaked & dried)
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted carob powder
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 6 Medjool dates (remove pits)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Dash of water if needed
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until the mass forms into a ball.
- The mixture should be moist and sticking together well. If it isn’t, add a dash of water or some more oil.
- Form mixture into individual “balls”. Place balls on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer.
- Once frozen, place the balls in a sealed container and store in the freezer or fridge. Absolutely delicious with a glass of raw milk!