This is an easy and delicious way to prepare ripe peaches. High-pectin fruit like peaches is actually more digestible when cooked than raw. Serves 4.
- 4 ripe organic peaches
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2-3 Tbsp maple sugar, sucanat or palm sugar
- Brush 7-by-11 pyrex pan with melted butter. Cut peaches in half, remove pits and place in pyrex pan, skin side down. Spoon butter over peaches and sprinkle with natural sugar.
- Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes, then turn on broiler for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn peaches over (right in the pan) and remove skins. They should be loose, so you can just pick them off.
- Divide peaches among 4 serving dishes and pour pan juice over them. May be served with cream, whipped cream, creme fraiche or homemade vanilla ice cream.
Leave a Reply