Here is a quick salad of Brussels sprouts, apple and pomegranate seeds. Steam the Brussels sprouts in order to lower the goitrogenic content.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, julienned
- 1 large Fuji or honey crisp apple, julienned
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup soaked and dried walnuts, diced
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp soaked and dried walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Steam julienned Brussels sprouts for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine with apple, pomegranate seeds, diced walnuts and Pecorino Romano in a large salad serving dish.
- For the dressing, add all remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together until mixed thoroughly.
- Toss salad and dressing together, and serve.