For those of you that are following a clean eating program that focuses on real food that is dairy-free and grain-free, these are a delicious option. They really hit the spot when you are feeling like you need something similar to a bread-like carb. Who would have thought you could eat pancakes? Well, these are low carb and filled with healthy fats too!
You can serve them with sliced strawberries or even top with some heavy whipped cream (if you can do dairy), or use coconut cream that has been whipped. Serve them for breakfast, a snack or even “breakfast for dinner.” They taste even better than the ones made with flour.
- 3/4 cup almond or any nut butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup freshly ground flax meal
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil for greasing
- Fresh sliced organic strawberries, optional
- Add everything to a bowl except the strawberries. Use a hand blender to mix it all up.
- Cook on a cast iron skillet that has been greased with coconut oil or ghee to keep it dairy-free. If you can eat dairy, go ahead and use butter!
Leave a Reply