This recipe was served at our 2021 Wise Traditions conference and is credited to Rosie Ueng. We recommend this brand of gelatin with a 10% off discount code NOURISH on your entire cart. Here is another gelatin recommendation, as well as this one.
The photos were taken by Lisa Bianco-Davis, our Eugene, Oregon Chapter Leader.
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 stalks lemon grass, smashed with a rolling pin
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Soften the gelatin in the water for about 5 minutes until it “blooms”.
- Add the other ingredients and simmer, slowly, until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour into individual serving dishes, or a 3-4 cup glass or stoneware container.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour, until set.
Hilton Shaw says
Sounds delicious, will definitely give this a try. Is coconut sugar know to be less of an impact on health ?
Coconut sugar is a whole sugar, and is not sprayed with chemicals (such as glyphosate), as sugar cane typically is. You could use maple syrup or another sweetener if you’d prefer. I strongly prefer yacon syrup, but Sally’s hasn’t approved it. In this recipe though, whatever you like is fine.