I love green beans. And cranberries. And pine nuts. And garlic. All together, and with the addition of toasted sesame oil, orange, and sea salt, this is a deliciously fresh and light-tasting dish that’s perfect to bring to any celebration or add alongside any dinner main dish. Full of crisp, salty green beans, slightly sweet cranberries, and topped with earthy pine nuts, this is one dish that will not last long. I dare you to take just one bite!
- 2 pounds trimmed green beans
- 12 oz cranberries
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup soaked and dehydrated pine nuts
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp orange rind
- unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place green beans, garlic, and 1/4 cup pine nuts on cookie sheet and top with sesame oil.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes, shaking halfway through.
- While green beans are baking, empty cranberries into pot. Add sugar, orange rind and water.
- Cook cranberries on medium heat until berries just burst open.
- When beans are finished baking, place in bowl and top with berries, remaining pine nuts and sea salt. Stir to combine and enjoy!
I cannot find this info anywhere. Should green beans be soaked like other beans? And are canned beans technically presoaked and have phytic acid neutralized? Thank you so much!