After going through my pantry and locating some dried garbanzo beans, I decided to take my chances with a recipe I’d been thinking about. This would also work with canned beans, although I prefer to soak mine from the dry state first to reduce phytic acid. Mixed with a little bit of coconut oil, ranch seasoning and unrefined sea salt, and baked for 30 minutes, these were an instant hit. See the sweet photo of my kids finishing off the entire plate of crispy ranch garbanzos while I was busy cleaning up the kitchen.
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans or 1 cup organic dried garbanzo beans
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Tudor House Tea & Spices ranch blend seasoning mix
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- If using dried garbanzo beans, cover with warm filtered water. Stir in 2 Tbsp whey or lemon juice and leave in warm spot for 24 hours. Drain, rinse, add filtered water to cover and bring to a boil. Skim, cover and simmer until soft.
- Drain beans and pat dry. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add beans to a bowl and coat with coconut oil, ranch seasoning and salt.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and pour coated beans onto it.
- Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes until slightly toasted and crispy.
Leave a Reply