WESTON A. PRICE FOUNDATION
May 31, 2006
Second Annual Gathering
Thursday, June 15
5:30 – 9:30pm
Weston A. Price Foundation – Charlottesville VA Chapter and the Virginia Independent Consumers and Farmers Association (VICFA) are holding their second annual FARM FOOD VOICES event on Thursday, June 15 . This year the topic is local pastured meats and the National Animal Identification System (NAIS). Guest speakers include Sally Fallon, Nina Planck and Mary Zanoni, NAIS activist. It will be a good opportunity to learn about NAIS that is threatening small farmers, as well as anybody who owns livestock or horses.
This promises to be an exceptional evening of delicious food, informative and inspiring speakers and a chance to connect with like minded Virginians.
Last year both organizations signed up a considerable number of new members. Your attendance can help with this effort. And, if you are so inclined, please bring some food to share.
Eat Farm Fresh Food, meet local producers, hear dynamic speakers, win a door prize or raffle, and browse the book and information tables. Childcare available on site.
- Local Pastured Meats: Making the Right Choice for Health, Taste and Bio-Security, and
- The National Animal Identification System (NAIS)
NO ADMISSION FEE. DONATIONS GRATEFULLY RECEIVED
- Sally Fallon, President and Founder, Weston A. Price Foundation
- Nina Planck, International farmers’ market expert, advocate, and entrepreneur
- Mary Zanoni, Attorney turned activist and national leader against NAIS Panel of VICFA Pastured-Meat Producers
- Shannon Hayes, Sustainable Farmer and Author of “The Grassfed Gourmet”
- Panel of VICFA Pastured-Meat Producers
Virginia’s own Joel Salatin of Polyface Farm, sustainable agriculturist extraordinaire
Western Albemarle High School
5941 Rockfish Gap Turnpike (Rt. 250) via Exit 107 off I-64, toward CROZET/YANCEY MILLS.
Virginia Independent Consumers and Farmers Association and Weston A. Price Foundation-Charlottesville VA Chapter
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
🖨️ Print post
Email: editor (at) vicfa.net
Or call (434) 263-8704 or (434) 293-8312