Traditionally prepared using a sourdough starter and 24-hour ferment, this sandwich loaf is full of flavor. When cool, it slices up well as sandwich bread and also holds up well to being toasted.
- 2 cups freshly-fed, organic teff sourdough starter
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups organic teff flour
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Combine starter and water in bowl, and stir to combine. Add molasses and salt. Stir.
- Add psyllium husk powder and stir. Allow bowl to sit until psyllium husk powder has absorbed the water.
- Add 1 cup teff flour and stir. Add the other 1/2 cup by the tablespoon until batter resembles thick cake batter.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan or loaf pan. Allow to rise, covered, until dough rises to top of pan. (This can take up to 24 hours.)
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes. Cool before slicing.