Are you looking to change up how you cook cod? Well, I can tell you this new recipe has become a favorite. It’s quick and easy to make. The most important factor is to let the fish marinate to get the best flavor for your palate. Okay, we want it to be mouthwatering!
- 2 lbs. wild caught cod (about 7 pieces)
- 3 Tbsp organic salted butter
- 3 Tbsp organic Sucanat or Rapadura
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- In a small pan add butter, Sucanat or Rapadura, garlic, lemon juice, coconut aminos and pepper.
- Heat until sugar is melted and ingredients are blended.
- Cool mixture down.
- Pour mixture over cod pieces and marinate in the refrigerator at least 5 hours or overnight, turning pieces occasionally to be evenly coated.
- Heat grill to medium temperature.
- To prevent sticking, lightly oil the heated grates. (You can use bacon grease, avocado oil or coconut oil.)
- Cook for about 5 minutes per side.
- Baste with sauce while cooking.
- When fish flakes easily, remove from the grill. Be careful not to overcook it.