Ahhhh summer … Long, hot days filled with plenty of time in the sun, easy quick meals, and all things cold to eat.
I finally purchased some fun popsicle molds and made these delicious fudgesicles for my family. They didn’t last long, and even dad liked them! You could easily sub the carob for fruit and adjust the sweetener to taste.
[Recipe moderator notes: We recommend a brand of coconut cream like this one with no added guar gum. We also recommend this brand of gelatin with a 10% off discount code NOURISH10 on your entire cart. The brand Susie links to in the recipe is also one of our recommended brands! Note that we don’t recommend chocolate, hence the inclusion of carob.]
- 4TB raw carob
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1 can organic coconut cream
- 2 TB gelatin
- 2 TB honey
- 2 TB coconut oil
- Open coconut milk and cream and pour into bowl. Stir until smooth
- Sprinkle gelatin over the top of milk and cream and let stand (I used this gelatin)
- Using double boiler, combine carob and coconut oil over low heat
- Combine milk and cream mixture with chocolate mixture in medium pan and heat until all gelatin is incorporated
- Add honey
- Pour into popsicle molds (I used these)
Yum, going to have to get some popsicle molds. Thanks for sharing on a hot summer day!
These look amazing! I’ve been hesitant to make popsicles due to concerns about plastic leeching. I know heating in plastic is a problem, but I’ve heard freezing can be a problem as well. I did find a link to a stainless steel option though, if that helps any of you out. https://ecozoi.com/collections/eco-popsicle-molds/products/ecozoi-eco-safe-stainless-steel-popsicle-molds-and-rack-6-ice-pop-makers-30-reusable-bamboo-sticks-12-silicone-seals-1-rack. I’m going to try these out in stainless steel molds!