Tell the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) that it should not be coercing people into getting vaccinated!
OSHA has issued an interim final rule, effective November 5, which requires all U.S. companies with 100 or more employees to require their employees to either be vaccinated for COVID or be tested weekly and wear masks. Businesses that don’t comply face federal fines of up to $14,000 per violation.
This interim final rule is already in effect, but OSHA is requesting public comments as to whether it should become permanent. The agency is also seeking comments on whether to expand the standard to cover smaller businesses as well!
The rule has been challenged in court and temporarily suspended while the court considers the merits of the case. But we don’t know what the outcome of the case will be, and we need to speak up now!
Vaccines are a medical decision that should be left up to the individual, not mandated or coerced. In addition to submitting your comments to OSHA, please urge your members of Congress to sign on to a bill to block OSHA fines on employers who don’t force their employees to get the COVID-19 shot!
- Submit your written public comments to OSHA via the Federal e-Rulemaking Portal here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/11/05/2021-23643/covid-19-vaccination-and-testing-emergency-temporary-standard#open-comment
Deadline: December 6, 2021
Your comment can be very short. State clearly that you oppose making the interim rule a final rule or expanding it in any way, and add a few sentences with your reasons.
- Contact your U.S. Senators and Representative and encourage them to sign on to H.R. 5464/ S. 2843.
You can find who represents you at: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/map
Below is a sample script for U.S. Senators and Representatives. Please use your own words. Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator (or Representative) ______ to restore people’s right to choose whether to get the high-risk COVID vaccines in order to keep working, and also protect businesses from having to choose between mandating vaccinations or being fined.
While the OSHA rule technically doesn’t mandate vaccinations, it clearly creates significant coercive pressure on employers and employees. There have been thousands of breakthrough cases in fully vaccinated people, and a recent study showed that they are just as likely to infect those near them as people who are not vaccinated. So requiring weekly testing and masking of unvaccinated individuals is not based on sound science, but rather is a blatant effort to impose so much expense, discomfort, and inconvenience on people that they will agree to be vaccinated even if they don’t want to, in order to keep their jobs.
COVID vaccines are causing numerous serious side effects, and it is unethical to require anyone to get a vaccine that may injure or kill them in order to keep their job. To date, over 634,000 adverse reactions and over 8,200 deaths have been reported in connection with the COVID vaccines. These vaccines have reportedly caused more injury and death than all other vaccines combined.
Vaccines are a medical decision that should be left up to the individual, not mandated or coerced. Vaccine mandates are contrary to the concept of informed consent for medical procedures.
I urge _______ to support H.R. 5464/ S. 2843 to allow people to continue making a living without sacrificing their right to choose what medical procedures to undergo.”
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Personal healthcare decisions should NOT be dictated by employment requirements.
- Share why this is personal to you. Are you an employee or an employer that would be adversely affected by the vaccine mandate? Are you worried about the side effects of COVID injections? Are you simply against government mandates that affect your bodily autonomy?
- One of the most basic human rights is that of bodily autonomy, as recognized by the Nuremburg Code. Ethical medicine requires prior, completely voluntary and fully informed consent.
- Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Each of us may respond differently as we have different medical histories, genes, epigenetics, and microbiomes.
- COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers and providers are shielded from liability through the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act, or PREP Act. The only option for compensating people injured by COVID-19 vaccines is the Countermeasures Injury Compensation program (CICP). Only eight percent of all petitioners since 2010 have been awarded compensation through the CICP. No legal or medial expert fees are covered, no pain and suffering is awarded, lost wages are capped at $50,000, and there is no judicial appeal. In other words, the victims will be severely undercompensated while the pharmaceutical companies get rich.
- COVID-19 vaccines carry the risk of injury and death for some so there has to be informed consent and the right to refuse the vaccine without penalty. As of November 5th, there had already been 634,609 COVID-19 vaccine adverse events and 8,284 COVID-19 vaccine deaths in the U.S. reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html
Read the entire Federal Register document here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/11/05/2021-23643/covid-19-vaccination-and-testing-emergency-temporary-standard#open-comment?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=dbd335f7-c92b-421c-95d3-c5c23f650cc4
(The proposed rule is at the end of this lengthy document.)
If your employer or school requires you to get a COVID shot, we recommend using the legal notifications provided by the Children’s Health Defense legal team. https://childrenshealthdefense.org/legal/legal-resources/
Read the text, status and history of H.R. 5464 here: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/5464/committees?r=12&s=1🖨️ Print post