Pennsylvania legislators have introduced a good bill to ban gene therapy products such as mRNA technology from being injected into the food supply.
Senate Bill 883 would also mandate fully informed consent for any products capable of infecting, transmitting to, or being absorbed by an individual, especially those serving as medical interventions, vaccines, drugs, or genetic modifications.
This bill seeks to amend Title 35 (Health and Safety) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, which addresses the prohibition and disclosure of specific products.
SB 883 was introduced and referred to the Senate Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee on 8/16/2023.
Your voice is crucial in ensuring the success of this vital legislation. We urge you to act today!
Calls are more effective than emails and only take a few minutes. Below is a Sample Script along with additional Talking Points. Use your own words when you call or email – a personal message is always more effective than a form message!
Contact your Pennsylvania State Senator and urge him/her to support SB 883.
You can look up who represents you at: https://www.pasen.gov
My name is ____ and I live in (town). I am calling to ask Senator ____ to support SB 883 and vote for its passage. SB 883 would ban gene therapy products such as mRNA technology from being injected into Pennsylvania’s food supply.
mRNA gene therapy technology is increasingly being applied to various food sources including lettuce, shrimp, pork, and beef, and the associated risks remain completely uncertain.
The inclusion of gene therapy in our food supply could lead to Pennsylvanians inadvertently ingesting gene-altering mRNA technology without their knowledge or consent.
I urge Senator _____to SUPPORT the passage of SB 883.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
Keep your email short! Pick the 2 or 3 of these talking points – or none of them — that are most important to you, and be sure to explain why this issue matters to you personally.
- mRNA technology is a form of gene therapy applied for the purpose of eliciting an immune response through the creation of spike proteins.
- One of the inventors of mRNA technology, Dr. Robert Malone, has noted that these toxic spike proteins (particularly in children) often cause permanent damage in critical organs such as the brain and nervous system, heart and blood vessels, and the reproductive system. Malone has also noted that mRNA technology has not been adequately tested to understand all harms and potential risks.
- According to research recently conducted by the Florida Department of Health, mRNA vaccines are associated with an 84% increase in cardiac-related adverse events among males 18-39 years old.
- All mRNA shots contain dangerous lipid nanoparticles, which can create a series of toxic reactions, including damage to DNA.[i]
- Nanoparticles may be taken up by the cell’s mitochondria and nucleus. Nanoparticles can interact with proteins and enzymes and alter gene expression, affecting biological behavior at the organ, tissue, cellular, subcellular and protein levels. Because of this, nanoparticle toxicity may result in increased oxidative stress; inflammation; damage to proteins, membranes and DNA; and cellular death.[ii]
- Pharmaceutical companies are in the process or have already developed mRNA vaccines for use on livestock. Bayer and BioNtech have been developing mRNA vaccines for livestock since 2016 while Merck has already introduced mRNA vaccines to the market for commercial swine.
- In 2021, The National Science Foundation awarded a $500,000 grant to researchers at the University of California- Riverside to develop technology that can transfer mRNA into edible plant cells in food items such as lettuce and spinach.
- There are no long-term studies of mRNA shots on the safety, genotoxicity, carcinogenicity, or effect on reproduction.
To view the text, status, and history of the bill click here: https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billInfo/billInfo.cfm?sYear=2023&sInd=0&body=S&type=B&bn=0883
[i] Swift R, O’donnell C. Moderna to recall COVID-19 doses in Japan after stainless steel contaminants found. Reuters, Sep. 1, 2021.
[ii] Nanotechnology and health risks fact sheet. Brussels, Belgium: Health and Environment Alliance, 2008. https://www.env-health.org/IMG/pdf/17-_NANOTECHNOLOGY_AND_HEALTH_RISKS.pdf.🖨️ Print post