Recently we sent you an alert regarding AB 659, which would add Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines to the list of vaccines required for children to attend school in California.
This bill has been amended and is now the college HPV vaccine mandate bill.
- A requirement that all 6th graders and their parents receive a notice stating that it is public policy to get vaccinated with the HPV vaccine and that all students should have received the vaccine by 8th grade.
- The addition of a HPV vaccine requirement for enrollment at a California State University, the University of California and at any Community College if those entities pass a resolution to require it. Only a medical exemption would be allowed.
This terrible bill is currently in committee a, but due to the rushed nature of the bill and intense pressure from all sides, the Assembly Health Committee has postponed its hearing for AB 659 until April. It must be voted on by the committee either April 11, 18 or 25 for it to pass out of the Assembly this year.
If AB 659 is heard on one of those dates, you may wish to go to Sacramento to give your public comment, as there will be only in person (no telephonic) public comment allowed.
HPV vaccination can carry life-threatening side effects. There have been more than 73,000 adverse reactions, including many deaths, reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) related to the HPV vaccine – and it is estimated by the government that only 1% of all reactions are ever reported!
Did you know that the HPV vaccine, called Gardasil 9:
- may actually increase precancerous lesions
- only targets a few of the over 100 known human papillomaviruses
- has not been shown to last longer than 5 years
And it has never been properly studied, despite the tens of thousands of adverse reactions that have been reported to the government in connection with the HPV vaccine.
Students should not be required to get this high-risk vaccine for a sexually transmitted disease!
Please help us stop this bill!
Even if you’ve already done so, please contact your California Assembly Member asking him/her to OPPOSE AB 659.
You can find out who represents you at: http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov
Calls are more effective than emails and only take a few minutes. Below is a Sample Script, and there are additional Talking Points. Use your own words when you call or email – a personal message is always more effective than a form message!
“Hi, my name is ____, and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Assembly Member ____ to OPPOSE AB 659.
I oppose any legislation that would mandate the use of HPV vaccines for college students in California. It is unethical to require students to be vaccinated with HPV vaccines in order to get an education.
This bill also pressures parents of 6th graders to get vaccinated. If passed, most parents will assume HPV vaccines are a requirement upon receiving their official notice.
HPV vaccines carry a high rate of side effects, with tens of thousands of reported adverse reactions and hundreds of reported deaths.
These vaccines have high levels of aluminum, which has been found to be harmful in numerous peer-reviewed scientific studies.
HPV vaccines were fast-tracked through the FDA and have not been properly studied.
HPV is a sexually transmitted disease, and there are alternative, safer methods to address it.
I urge Assembly Member _______ to oppose this bill.”
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the Talking Points below. Don’t copy all of them–use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- HPV vaccines have a high incidence of adverse reactions. To date, there have been over 73,000 adverse reactions reported to the Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) following HPV vaccination in the United States. Adverse reactions reported include severe neurological damage, stroke, blood clots, joint pain, pancreatitis, autoimmune disorders, and death. [VAERS database searches can be conducted at www.medalerts.org]
- Many young people have died or become severely injured after receiving HPV vaccines. Mandating HPV vaccines for students is dangerous and irresponsible.
- A study out of Canada shows just how dangerous HPV vaccines are. The study looked at 195,270 girls who received HPV vaccination. Of the vaccinated girls, there were 958 hospitalizations and 19,351 emergency room visits. That means 10% of HPV vaccine recipients studied had a reaction that required an emergency visit or hospitalization. [Liu, X.C., Bell, C.A., et al. Adverse events following HPV vaccination, Alberta 2006–2014. Vaccine 34(15):1800-1805, 4 April 2016.] https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X16002036
- HPV vaccines have the potential to trigger life-disabling autoimmune conditions and were shown in a study to likely cause primary ovarian failure. [Colafrancesco, S., Perricone, C., et al. Human papilloma virus vaccine and primary ovarian failure: another facet of the autoimmune/inflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvants. Am J Reprod Immunol. 70(4):309-316, Oct 2013. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23902317/]
- Lawsuits and complaints for injury and death have been filed over HPV vaccines in the United States, France, India, Japan, and Spain; these include charges of fraud and misleading information about efficacy and safety. [See additional links under “Court Action over HPV Vaccines” at the end.]
- Whistleblower Dr. Sin Hang Lee reported that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), health officials in Japan and other nations all participated in covering up the dangers of HPV vaccines Gardasil and Cervarix. http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/officials-cover-up-dangers-of-hpv-vaccines/
Open-letter Complaint (January 14, 2016) – https://sanevax.org/wpcontent/uploads/2016/01/Allegations-of-Scientific-Misconduct-by-GACVS.pdf
- According to Merck (the maker of Gardasil) if a person has already been exposed to the HPV strains contained in the vaccine prior to injection, Gardasil increases the risk of precancerous lesions by at least 44.6 percent.
See Table 17 (p.13) “Gardasil™ HPV Quadrivalent Vaccine” (May 18, 2006) – https://web.archive.org/web/20060806134235/http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/06/briefing/2006-4222B3.pdf
- There is no data that HPV vaccines remain effective beyond 5 years. The vaccine may also give a false sense of security, leading to less compliance with pap screenings. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gardasil-researcher-speaks-out/
- In 2014 the FDA approved a new HPV vaccine (Gardasil 9) containing more than twice as much Aluminum (a known neurotoxin, now approx. 500 mcg per 0.5-mL dose) as the previous vaccine despite there being over 1,600 scientific documents and peer-reviewed published papers confirming the dangers of aluminum toxicity to humans. http://www.naturalhealth365.com/hpv-vaccine-side-effects-1752.html
- The CDC reports: “Most people with HPV never develop symptoms or health problems. Most HPV infections (90%) go away by themselves within two years.” https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufacturers reap all the profits from vaccines without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
- By consenting to a vaccine, a child is also consenting to a shortened statute of limitations for any claim of injury under the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) – presumably with little or no understanding of what that means. It is also much less likely that vaccine reactions will be recognized and connected to the vaccine by a child on their own; furthermore, it’s unlikely the child will file a report with the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
View text, status and history of the bill here: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=202320240AB659
Read this article to learn more about HPV vaccines: https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/the-troubling-truth-behind-hpv-vaccines-prepare-to-be-outraged/
Court Action over HPV Vaccines:
Complaints (Spain, Denmark, Ireland, Colombia, Australia, New Zealand) – https://sanevax.org/open-letter-ema-hpv-vaccine-safety/
United States – https://www.millerandzois.com/products-liability/gardasil/
United States – https://www.carlsonattorneys.com/gardasil-lawsuit
VAERS – https://vaers.hhs.gov/
Gardasil package insert – https://www.fda.gov/files/vaccines,%20blood%20&%20biologics/published/PackageInsert—Gardasil.pdf
Gardasil 9 package insert – https://www.drugs.com/pro/gardasil-9.html#s-34089-3🖨️ Print post