Ohio Legislative Bill SB 144 would trivialize very real vaccine risks and serious reactions by allowing pharmacy technicians and interns to administer vaccines.
The bill would also lower the age to 5 years or older for flu and Covid injection administration by pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and interns.
Teenagers and inadequately trained pharmacy employees should not be allowed to administer potentially life-threatening vaccines to either adults or young children. In fact, even pharmacists do not have the qualifications to provide vaccinations safely.
Pharmacists and their staff typically do not possess the extensive expertise needed for administering vaccines, comprehending associated risks, conducting thorough prescreening, identifying contraindications, executing emergency interventions for adverse reactions, reporting reactions to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System, and providing guidance to parents and patients regarding matters like the statute of limitations and instructions for filing a claim with the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.
Furthermore, Vaccine Information Statements outline numerous reasons why patients may not be suitable candidates for vaccination. It is highly improbable that a pharmacist, technician, or intern would have the time to thoroughly address all these potential concerns.
Please speak up! We need YOUR voice to defeat SB 144 today!
- Contact your Ohio State Senator and urge him/her to OPPOSE SB 144.
You can find who represents you here: https://www.ohiosenate.gov/members/directory
Calls are more effective than emails and only take a few minutes. Below is a sample script along with additional Talking Points. Use your own words when you call or email – a personal message is always more effective than a form message!
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator ____ to oppose SB 144, which would expand pharmacists’ authority to administer vaccines.
This bill would also increase the ability of pharmacists’ technicians and interns to give vaccines. According to Ohio law, a pharmacy technician must only be eighteen years of age and hold a high school graduate or equivalent.
Pharmacists, technicians, and interns should not be allowed to administer possibly life-threatening vaccines to adults and young children.
I oppose S.B. 144 because people need to be in a doctor’s care for medical procedures. Vaccines may have serious side effects that pharmacists and their associates are not qualified to recognize or treat.
It is reckless to allow pharmacy employees to administer vaccines, especially when they do not have access to a person’s medical history.
As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court – and evidenced by the $5 billion that the federal government has paid to victims – vaccines can injure and kill an individual.
I urge _______ to oppose this bill.”
You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
- When pharmacists are allowed to administer vaccines, it diminishes the doctor/patient relationship and removes critical health history screenings prior to vaccination. Pharmacists do not have the necessary medical history of an infant or child or the time to prescreen for contraindications based on a child’s personal and family history and unique health needs prior to vaccination.
- Most pharmacies and grocery stores don’t have lifesaving defibrillators as they do in doctors’ offices to save the lives of people who have an immediate life-threatening reaction to vaccines. Will pharmacists have the equipment and training to be able to tell the difference between cardiac arrest, anaphylaxis, and fainting and act accordingly to save the lives of babies and children who react at the time of vaccination?
- Vaccine Information Statements list many reasons why patients should not be vaccinated. It is highly unlikely that a pharmacist has the time to ask about all the reasons not to vaccinate them.
- Allowing pharmacists to prescribe vaccines without access to a person’s medical records means that a person may receive unintended or duplicate vaccines.
- Pharmacy groups will support this bill, but it presents a serious conflict of interest because of the financial benefits they will receive if the bill passes. America’s biopharmaceutical research companies are developing 258 vaccines. The U.S. Vaccine Market alone was $36.45 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach $149 billion by 2026 and pharmacies stand to increase their profits substantially by allowing pharmacy technicians to put those shots into customers.
- Neither pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, nor interns will have liability for the injuries and deaths caused by the vaccines they administer to children. Vaccine administrators are shielded from liability for vaccine injuries and deaths through the combination of the law passed by Congress in 1986 establishing the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program and the 2011 Supreme Court Decision BRUESEWITZ ET AL. v. WYETH LLC, FKA WYETH, INC., ET AL.
- Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death, and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Pharmacists are not equipped to recognize nor handle serious adverse reactions.
- Vaccines are medical procedures that carry a risk of serious injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). The U.S. Government has paid out $5 billion to the victims of vaccine injury, per VICP Data Reports. https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/data
- Covid shot manufacturers and providers are shielded from liability through the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act, or PREP Act. The only option for compensating people injured by COVID-19 vaccines is the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP). Only eight percent of all petitioners since 2010 have been awarded compensation through the CICP. No legal or medical expert fees are covered, no pain and suffering is awarded, lost wages are capped at $50,000 per year, and there is no judicial appeal. In other words, the victims will be severely under-compensated while the pharmaceutical companies get rich.
Coverage by CCIP (see p. 7, Oct 2021) – https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10584
“Vaccine injury compensation programs overwhelmed as congressional reform languishes” (6/1/2022) – https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/01/vaccine-injury-compensation-programs-overwhelmed-as-congressional-reform-languishes-00033064
- There have already been 2,526,994 Covid-19 shot adverse events and 36,286 Covid-19 shot deaths reported in the U.S. to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (per data released 9/22/23).
Run your own search – https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.php
Cases (adverse events) – https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php
Read S.B. 144 text here: https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/135/sb144
LINKS embedded in this alert:
Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System –
instructions for filing a claim –
National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program –
Vaccine Information Statements –
$5 billion as of 9/29/2023 –
Read this article on the lack of safety for all vaccines: https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/vaccines-unsafe-since-the-very-beginning/#gsc.tab=0
Read these articles for more information on the dangers of Covid shots:🖨️ Print post