California is considering a bill, S.B. 871 that would mandate COVID-19 vaccines for all students attending a public or private elementary or secondary school, childcare center, day nursery, nursery school, family day care home, or development center.
No personal, conscientious, or religious exemptions would be allowed and there are no exemptions for those students who have recovered from COVID-19 and have natural immunity.
Current law requires any new vaccines added by the health department to the list of vaccines mandated for school provide for both medical and personal exemptions. This bill removes that section so there will be no personal exemptions allowed for any additional vaccines mandated by the health department in the future.
This bill also mandates hepatitis B vaccines for any students who have not received them before entering 7th grade.
Please help us stop this terrible bill in its tracks by contacting your California state senator today! Vaccines are a medical decision that should be left up to individuals and parents, not mandated.
Contact your California state senator and ask him or her to OPPPOSE S.B. 871. You can find out who represents you at http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask ___ to oppose S.B. 871, which mandates COVID-19 vaccines for students and children in day care.
COVID injections have been rushed to market and there have been no long-term studies to guarantee their safety. To date over 730,000 people have reported adverse reactions and thousands have died after the COVID vaccine. And many more have probably suffered reactions, since it is estimated that only between 1 and 10 percent of reactions are reported. Yet the manufactures are shielded from liability for any harm they cause.
Vaccine mandates are being justified on the idea of the “greater good” and protecting other people. But no individual, especially not children, should be forced to take a medical treatment for someone else’s benefit.
And even if it were possible to justify requiring children to take a shot in order to protect people around them, the data shows that the vaccine fails to prevent transmission of COVID. A recent study in the Lancet found that the peak viral load of COVID patients was similar regardless of vaccination status. The CDC’s data shows that tens of thousands of vaccinated individuals have gotten severe enough cases of COVID to have to be hospitalized – and the agency isn’t even trying to track cases among vaccinated people that don’t result in hospitalization, even though those individuals can spread COVID.
S.B. 871 would require children to put themselves at risk for potentially life-long health problems or even death, based on the desire to believe that the vaccine protects others – when it doesn’t.
I urge Senator _______ to oppose this bill.
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share a personal story if you have relevant experience. Have you or a family member had an adverse reaction to a vaccine?
- There is no evidence of medical necessity for COVID-19 shots in children. A rapidly growing body of data indicates that the vaccines have serious side effects and do more harm than good in children.
- COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers and providers are shielded from liability through the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act, or PREP Act. The only option for compensating people injured by COVID-19 vaccines is the Countermeasures Injury Compensation program (CICP). Only eight percent of all petitioners since 2010 have been awarded compensation through the CICP. No legal or medial expert fees are covered, no pain and suffering is awarded, lost wages are capped at $50,000, and there is no judicial appeal. In other words, the victims will be severely undercompensated while the pharmaceutical companies get rich.
- COVID-19 vaccines carry the risk of injury and death for some so there must be informed consent and the right to refuse the vaccine without penalty. As of January 14th, there had already been 732,883 COVID-19 vaccine adverse events and 10,162 COVID-19 vaccine deaths in the U.S. reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html
- There are no long-term studies on the safety, genotoxicity, carcinogenicity, or reproductive outcome of COVID-19 shots.
- Natural immunity is superior to COVID-19 injections and there is no scientific rationale to vaccinate those individuals who have already recovered.
- The clinical trials for the vaccine excluded several groups, but the vaccine was still approved for use on all children 5 or older, even though there is no test data for many of them.
- Young adults and teens (especially males) vaccinated against COVID-19 have been shown to have a higher risk for myocarditis (heart inflammation) than other populations. There has simply not been enough time to see what the risks of myocarditis and other potentially serious side effects of the vaccine are for younger children.
- Hepatitis B vaccines are linked to serious autoimmune disorders, autism, Bell’s palsy, multiple sclerosis, anaphylactic shock and death.
- The U.S. and Western Europe have always had among the lowest rates of Hepatitis B disease in the world (0.1% to 0.5% of the general population), and yet the CDC recommends the vaccine for all children and adolescents, beginning within 12 hours of birth. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hep-b.html
Find text, status, and history for S.B. 871 here: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220SB871🖨️ Print post
Leave a Reply