My children love fish. A few weeks ago, my eight-year-old told me that he was craving salmon. Craving! Unfortunately, we were out with no more expected until after the next wild salmon run in September. Fortunately, we ran into Matt Oxford of Wild Run Salmon at a farmers market and he happened to have some wild cod left. That evening, my children put away no less that 5 filets of cod, poached to perfection, using just 5 ingredients.
- 5 filets of wild cod (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- In large pan, heat up stock and melt butter.
- Add spices and salt, and stir to combine.
- Add cod filets and cook on each side for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Remove from heat, saving cooking liquid to pour over top.