Many people use Roundup without questioning its safety. It’s advertised on TV, and sold at hardware/garden stores all over the country. The herbicide is viewed as a miracle spray that gets rid of those dreaded weeds within hours. It’s become a staple garden product in many homes. And it’s used by many agricultural companies during food production. But how safe is it really? What is it doing to our health?
In today’s conversation, Kiran Krishnan, a research microbiologist and an expert on the human microbiome, explains how dangerous glyphosate is. He discusses the science behind the damage it causes to the body’s microbiome. He also explains how the presence of glyphosate directly correlates with the rise of many chronic health conditions, including obesity, autism, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, and gut infections. Kiran goes in depth about the dangers of this ubiquitous herbicide and explains why it’s still in use today, despite warnings from the World Health Organization that it is a probable carcinogenic. Most importantly, he tells us what we can do (and eat) to protect ourselves from this toxin that acts like the worst kind of antibiotic on a mass scale.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- how “organic” does not necessarily mean “glyphosate-free”
- how glyphosate is used as a desiccant in many crops, even the ones grown without glyphosate
- how the #1 generalized herbicide used in the USA is everywhere: soil, water, air
- how we all contribute to contaminating our immediate environment
- why we should be concerned about this toxin
- how it was approved by FDA since 1970’s and never re-examined again
- how it affects humans and why studies done by Monsanto are not enough to prove its safety
- how it acts like the worst kind of mass antibiotic on humans, causing numerous health problems
- how the use of glyphosate has a direct correlation with gut infections, obesity, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, autism & more
- how the World Health Organization has declared it a probable carcinogenic
- why its use is still allowed by regulatory agencies that are there to protect us
- how consumers have more power than the regulatory agencies to change the situation and protect the environment
- how to protect and regain your health from the effects of glyphosate
- the most important nutrients to help regenerate healthy gut lining and damage done by glyphosate
- the specific role of prebiotics, probiotics, vitamins, & polyphenols
- insight on the reason drug companies may be acquiring food companies
- how Bayer acquiring Monsanto is the perfect business opportunity for them
Correction: Around 5:24, “RoundUp-ready wheat” is mentioned on the podcast. This implies that wheat is genetically-modified. It is not. Please forgive the error.
“Glyphosate & Gut Health” – article written by Kiran and his team w/ specific food recommendations to combat glyphosate’s effects🖨️ Print post
Thank you 🙏🙏🙏 Hilda and Kirnan… I loved it so much ❤️
You always rock!!!