Dr. Weston A. Price, a Cleveland dentist and researcher from the late 1800s, has been called the “Isaac Newton of Nutrition.” His research is just that pivotal to our understanding of the role diet plays in our health. Today, we take a deep dive into the research that Dr. Price conducted and how we can benefit from it. What foods did traditional peoples enjoy that helped them cultivate good health? What did they avoid? And what can we learn from their choices? On this podcast, Chris Masterjohn, a nutrition expert who has a PhD in Nutritional Sciences from the University of Connecticut, explains the foundational work of Dr. Price.
In the 1930s, Dr. Price traveled the world in order to study isolated people groups, visiting sequestered villages in Switzerland, Polynesian South Sea Islanders, African tribal groups, Australian Aborigines, and more. He was interested in finding out how these groups resisted the tooth decay and deformations that he was seeing in his clinic in the United States. The world over, Dr. Price found that those on their traditional diets not only had beautiful straight teeth, free from decay, but they also enjoyed vibrant health and vitality. Chris discusses in detail how Dr. Price went about this work and how it can serve us in our pursuit of good health today.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- Chris’ own recent trip to Greece and how he made discoveries for himself
- the purpose of Dr. Price’s research
- the wisdom and and history of traditional cultures
- the role nutrition plays in tooth decay
- the “displacing foods of modern commerce”
- the developmental effects of refined vs traditional foods
- how the width of the face is determined by more than just genetics
- the shocking story of the skulls Dr. Price found in Peru
- why our oral health and overall health are intrinsically linked
- how reversing tooth decay and healing cavities with diet is possible
- the difference between fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins & which are so difficult to get
- Dr. Price’s four main food categories for good health
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Dr. Weston A. Price🖨️ Print post
Daz IronWolf says
p.s. Find out Masterjohn’s real ancestral name and lineage. Trojan horses should not be accepted. Eternal enemies of truth
Hearing of you being orthodox and visiting Greece, how did balance religious fasting with a nutritional diet, as you probably know fasting is called for about 50% of the time. Overcoming from health problems and an eating disorder I have been given a blessing to not fast but I would like to fast again eventually while avoiding health problems and I wonder if you do or know of anyone who does balance this? Thank you for your time!!