Have you heard of kefir? It’s an amazing probiotic drink that offers vitamins, minerals, metabolites, enzymes, amino acids, peptides and more to help sustain and regain health. Victor Cozzetto, of Vitagenics, explores the wonders of this ancient drink on today’s episode.
He discusses gut health (and how kefir can help repair the gut lining), the importance of a holistic mindset when it comes to healing, why it’s better to get bacteria from our food and drink (as opposed to a pill) and why making kefir is so very satisfying and gratifying.
If you’re new to kefir, this podcast offers a sweet introduction to the drink. If you love it already, you’ll find more reasons to do so.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- The history and origins of kefir
- As a probiotic, how kefir helps the gut
- What kefir grains are comprised of
- The many creative baking and food preparation options with kefir
- How a second ferment of kefir with fruit is more powerful than the first
- How kefir made from dairy is different than one from sugar water
- How kefir brings much more to the equation than just probiotics, there are vitamins and minerals and many metabolites—enzymes, amino acids, peptides to help repair the gut lining •Why a more holistic mindset is important when it comes to healing
- The differences of obtaining beneficial bacteria through our foods versus pills
- Why commercial kefir (and other probiotic foods) are not as effective as their homemade counterparts
- The disconnect we have with our food and how we can fix that
- How having and feeding kefir grains is like taking care of a pet
- Kefir grains versus grains in powder form and their effectiveness
Victor’s website – Vitagenics – http://www.vitagenics.net
The magic of kefir (part 1) video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE85XgATD_0
Kefir magic (part 2) video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJN_X61WB8A