In the 1970s, President Nixon declared a war on cancer. Fifty years and trillions of dollars later, we are no closer to winning it. We haven’t completely understood what causes it, and consequently, our approach to treating it has been overwhelmingly ineffective.
Dr. Tom Cowan is a holistic physician and the author of “Cancer and the New Biology of Water.” On today’s podcast, part one of a two-part series, Tom offers his theory on what causes cancer in the first place. He unpacks how cancer develops–diving into the science of cell structure, spatial orientation, balance of sodium and potassium ions, and more. He contrasts healthy cell function with cancerous cells. Overall, he makes a strong case for a new understanding of cancer and how to fight it. And he shares practical ideas for how to nurture cellular and overall health.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- How in 1971, when President Nixon declared the war on cancer, 1 out of 7 people would be diagnosed with this disease. Today, it is roughly 1 out of 2 or 1 out of 3.
- How the fight against cancer is the second biggest project humankind has ever undertaken, second only to war, in terms of scope
- How only 3% of current oncology treatments have anything to do with Oncogenes
- Why the somatic mutation theory is flawed
- Studies show present therapies (especially chemotherapy) are mostly ineffective for stage 3 or 4 cancers
- Why Dr. Cowan tackles the subject of cancer, though he’s not an oncologist
- How cells are made up of the cytoplasm and nucleus
- How from peer-reviewed studies, it’s clear that the core of the problem is in the cytoplasm, not the nucleus
- What characterizes a tumor and its growth
- The importance of a “halo-like” negative charge around cells
- Where the negative charge comes from: water forms a crystalline gel that attaches to potassium and excludes sodium, which creates the charge
- How we live in a sodium-rich environment but our cells are low on sodium & high in potassium
- How being connected to people, sunshine, and the earth works to keep the crystalline gel intact
- Why we should avoid non-native electro magnetic fields (wireless radiation, dirty electricity, etc.) to keep our cells functioning properly
- How we must stay connected to the sun and the earth to live a healthy life
Dr. Cowan’s website: Fourfoldhealing.com
Dr. Cowan’s latest book: “Cancer and the New Biology of Water”🖨️ Print post