We have often heard it said that water is critical for our health, but Dr. Gerald Pollack adds a surprising twist to that familiar conversation. Water has long been considered to have only three phases: liquid, solid, or gas. Jerry and his colleagues have been studying a fourth phase of water, as it appears in our bodies, called EZ or “exclusion zone” water. Jerry has written a whole book about this subject entitled “The Fourth Phase of Water.” In it, and in today’s conversation, he explains how our overall health is tied to the level and charge of EZ water in our bodies.
He discusses the properties of EZ water and the importance of its negative charge. He makes a case for maintaining and building on the EZ water by tapping into the negative energy all around us. Jerry recommends simple steps to do this including “grounding” (getting our bare feet in contact with the earth), spending time in an infrared sauna, getting more oxygen, drinking spring water, and taking aspirin regularly. It’s a fascinating conversation with some fresh ideas on how to maintain and improve our health, naturally.
Water’s central importance for health is nothing new, but it has been progressively forgotten. With the various sciences laying emphasis on molecular, atomic and even sub-atomic approaches, we have lost sight of what happens when the pieces come together to form the larger entity. The whole may indeed exceed the sum of its parts. Ninety-nine percent of those parts are water molecules. To think that 99 percent of our molecules merely bathe the “more important” molecules of life ignores centuries of evidence to the contrary. Water plays a central role in all features of life. Water has long been considered to have only three phases: solid, liquid and vapor, or as we typically experience it: water, ice and gas. Dr. Pollack’s work illustrates the fact that there is a fourth phase of water, which he and his colleagues have dubbed: EZ (or exclusion zone) water. Here are highlights from our conversation where Jerry discusses the role of EZ water in our body and how we can build it up by tapping into the negative energy all around us.
- EZ water is generated from what is essentially an internal battery, which is powered using infrared light found in our bodies.
- The chemical formula for water is H2O, which we know is electrically neutral. EZ water’s chemical formula is H302 and it is not neutral, but is instead negatively charged.
- This form of water is more viscous, dense and alkaline than H2O. As its H3O2 formula indicates, it has more oxygen.
- Our bodies require the negative charge that comes from this EZ water; it is critical for life.
- We obtain energy from food; however, we can also get energy from water.
- Every day observations of this explain some of the ways EZ water restores energy and well-being.
- After 20 minutes in a sauna, aching muscles are soothed, and we feel energized. This is because the infrared energy from the sauna’s heat penetrates our bodies, building EZ water, which helps our bodies function properly.
- A practice called “earthing” or “grounding” involves getting in touch with the earth or ground (as in walking barefoot on the beach, for example). Negative charges from the ground seep into our bodies, building our EZ water stores.
- We are familiar with the label anti-oxidants, often used to describe healthy foods. Oxidants remove negative charge. Anti-oxidants are good for you because they prevent the loss of that negative charge.
- Another demonstration of the effects of EZ water is evident through the use of hyperbaric testing, which some will recall was a treatment used for healing by the late musician Michael Jackson.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy was first used by the military to treat wounds that wouldn’t heal. Dr. Pollack’s hypothesis, which he proved through lab experiments was that changing barometric pressure through adding pressure and oxygen builds EZ water, improving the function of every organ in the body and promoting healing.
- Another common treatment which affects negative charge in the body is aspirin. The chemical that gives willow bark its therapeutic effects is salicin. Experts believe that when the body processes salicin, it turns it into salicylic acid, which is the chemical precursor to aspirin. Since aspirin effectively treats many kinds of pain relief affecting several organs, the hypothesis was that aspirin builds EZ water throughout the body. Lab tests confirmed this.
- Other products, such as acetaminophen were tested, with almost the same result—all build EZ water. We are familiar with aspirin’s use to prevent heart attack. A recent Harvard study indicated that women with breast cancer who took one aspirin a day significantly extended their life expectancy.
- Dr. Pollack’s lab has demonstrated that our bodies are all negatively charged.
- This negative charge seems to be correlated with health: healthy robust cells carry plenty of negative charge, with an average of about 100 millivolts. A millivolt is one-thousandth of a volt. Unhealthy cells such as cancer cells have far lower millivolts: minus 15 to 120 millivolts negative instead of plus 80 to 100 millivolts negative.
- The hypothesis: if negative charge comes from the water in our body, and if the cells in an individual’s body lack sufficient negative charge, that body must have insufficient water.
- For this reason, drinking water is important for good health. However, the water that comes out of our taps doesn’t have a lot of negative charge. You can get more negatively charged water from spring water or create it using a process called reverse osmosis.
- Dr. Pollack would like for tests to be conducted on the best waters to drink for your health, but it would be cost-prohibitive to conduct such studies.
- However, drinking spring water and walking barefoot on the beach are both pleasant experiences which have the added benefit of improving health.
The Fourth Phase of Water: Beyond Solid, Liquid, and Vapor TEDx talk, Dr. Gerald Pollack
Article on the Fourth Phase of Water on westonaprice.org website
Ghp@u.washington.edu – Gerald’s email🖨️ Print post
Leave a Reply