This recipe appears on p. 240 of the book Nourishing Traditions, as part of the “October Dinner” menu!
- 3 leeks, peeled, cleaned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- several sprigs thyme, tied together
- 1 cup piima cream or creme fraiche
- sea salt and pepper
- finely chopped chives for garnish
- Sauté leeks until soft in butter and olive oil.
- Add potatoes and stock, bring to a boil and skim.
- Add thyme and simmer until all vegetables are soft. Let cool. Remove thyme.
- Purée soup with a handheld blender. Chill well.
- Process in food processor in batches with piima cream until frothy. Season to taste
- . Serve in chilled soup bowls and garnish with chives
Leave a Reply