The Maine Legislature is considering a bill, HP 568, that would eliminate personal belief and religious exemptions to vaccines for all children attending public or private elementary or secondary school and for employees of nursery schools and health care facilities.
This would leave medical exemptions as the only way out – but medical exemptions are notoriously difficult to obtain. In many states, we’ve seen doctors who do provide medical exemptions come under attack by medical authorities, leaving families with no real options for opting out of vaccine mandates.
Personal and religious freedoms should be protected. Forcing parents to choose between education and vaccinating their children with numerous vaccines is simply wrong.
Please help us protect the right to choose by contacting your Maine state legislators today!
Talking points, which explain more about the problems with HP 568, are below the Take Action section.
Now is the time to let your representatives know you OPPOSE HP 568. Just a few minutes of your time can make a difference.
Contact your Maine State legislators and ask them to oppose HP 568.
You can look up who represents you:
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Representative____ to oppose HP 568, which would remove personal belief and religious exemptions to vaccination for school children and staff working in nursery schools and health care facilities.
Include a brief explanation of why this is important to YOU.
The Maine vaccination rate is approximately 96% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing philosophical and religious exemptions are not harming the overall vaccination rates.
Religious liberty is a fundamental right, and individuals’ choices about what to put into their bodies – or their children’s bodies – should be respected by the state.
Medical exemptions are notoriously difficult to obtain even when someone has a legitimate concern about the side effects of vaccination. Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death, and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm.
Parents need to be able to make informed choices about their children’s care based on their specific situation, not forced to choose between educating and vaccinating their child.
I urge Representative _____ to oppose HP 568.”
You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Personal and religious freedoms should be protected. Forcing parents to choose between education and vaccinating their children with numerous vaccines is simply wrong.
- This legislation discriminates against families with sincere philosophical or religious beliefs opposing the administration of one or more vaccines to their children.
- It is immoral for the government to force a person to inject a pharmaceutical product into their body, since any medical procedure carries a risk of injury.
- The Maine vaccination rate is approximately 96% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing philosophical and religious exemption has not decreased rates and must be left intact. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6640a3.htm
- As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court – and evidenced by the $4 billion that has been paid by the federal government to victims – vaccines can injure and kill an individual. Parents need to be able to make informed choices about their children’s care based on their specific situation, not forced to choose between educating and vaccinating their child.
- The idea that unvaccinated individuals pose a health risk to others is unsupported in the medical literature. In fact, vaccinated individuals can pose greater risk to public health due to a process known as shedding. Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterwards. https://www.westonaprice.org/studies-show-that-vaccinated-individuals-spread-disease/
- Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Vaccine ingredients vary, but may contain a variety of toxic ingredients including but not limited to; mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde, cells from fetuses, cells from monkey kidneys, chicken egg proteins, gelatin, and viruses. http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm
- Many vaccines are made using aborted fetal tissue. This article shows one of the world’s leading authorities on vaccination describing the use of 3-month-old aborted fetuses in vaccines. https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/worlds-leading-authority-on-vaccines-details-the-use-of-aborted-babies-in-vaccines-while-under-oath/
- There are hundreds of new vaccines in development including some of the following in clinical trials: HIV, herpes, E. coli, dengue fever, avian influenza, smallpox, tuberculosis, typhoid, norovirus, cholera, smoking cessation, syphilis, and gonorrhea. If vaccine manufactures and others who profit from forced vaccination convince legislators to take away our right to delay or decline a vaccine now, what will our future look like?
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
View HP 568 here: http://legislature.maine.gov/bills/display_ps.asp?snum=129&paper=HP0586&PID=1456
If you want to learn more about other vaccine bills being considered in Maine visit: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) https://nvicadvocacy.org/members/Home.aspx🖨️ Print post
I live in Greene, Maine. I just called my representative. Unfortunately, he is on the transportation committee and doesn’t vote on this issue. I have called the health committee as well to see if I can sit in on the debate. Hopefully, my choice remains!
This is so helpful. Thank you. I implore everyone to forward this to anyone who may help this cause. We have to fight back. I’m literally sick to my stomach over this proposed legislature. My world is turned upside down right now, as I have two children with extremely sensitive immune systems. The damage from former vaccines they’ve had has already been done, but I won’t let them regress any further in their developmental and behavioral delays. Public school is critical to them learning how to interact and socialize with their peers and hopefully succeed in life one day. Call, write, and e-mail your representatives and our governor and share this with your friends!
Correction to those contacting their representatives: It’s HP 586/LD 798 (not 568).