The Minnesota Legislature is considering a bill, SF 1520, that would eliminate conscientious belief exemptions to vaccines for all children attending daycare, public or private elementary or secondary school, or homeschool. Under Minnesota law, that exemption currently allows parents to opt their children out of vaccines based on their conscientiously held beliefs, whether religious or other.
This would leave medical exemptions as the only way out – but medical exemptions are notoriously difficult to obtain. In many states, we’ve seen doctors who do provide medical exemptions come under attack by medical authorities, leaving families with no real options for opting out of vaccine mandates.
Personal and religious freedoms should be protected. Forcing parents to choose between education and vaccinating their children with numerous vaccines is simply wrong.
Please help us protect the right to choose by attending a rally (details below) and contacting your Minnesota state legislators today!
Talking points, which explain more about the problems with SF 1520, are below the Take Action section.
1) Attend a rally with Health Choice Minnesota, MONDAY, February 25, 2019.
State Capitol Rotunda
75 Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard
St. Paul, Minnesota 55155
9-10am – Resource Open House
10-11am – Speakers
Optional: 12-3am – Legislator visits
2) Contact your Minnesota State Senator and ask them to oppose SF 1520.
You can look up who represents you: https://www.gis.leg.mn/iMaps/districts/
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator____ to oppose SF 1520, which would remove conscientious belief (which includes religious) exemptions to vaccination for all children in Minnesota.
Include a brief explanation of why this is important to YOU.
The Minnesota vaccination rate is approximately 93% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing philosophical exemptions are not harming the overall vaccination rates.
Religious liberty is a fundamental right, and individuals’ choices about what to put into their bodies – or their children’s bodies – should be respected by the state.
Medical exemptions are notoriously difficult to obtain even when someone has a legitimate concern about the side effects of vaccination. Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death, and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm.
Parents need to be able to make informed choices about their children’s care based on their specific situation, not forced to choose between educating and vaccinating their child.
I urge Representative _____ to oppose SF 1520.”
You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
1) If it passes, SF 1520 would apply to all daycares, public, private and HOMESCHOOL families, making it the strictest vaccine mandate law in the country.
2) This legislation discriminates against families with sincere philosophical or religious beliefs opposing the administration of one or more vaccines to their children.
3) Any medical procedure carries a risk of injury. As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court – and evidenced by the $4 billion that has been paid by the federal government to victims – vaccines can injure and kill an individual. Parents need to be able to make informed choices about their children’s care based on their specific situation, not forced to choose between educating and vaccinating their child.
4) The Minnesota vaccination rate is approximately 93% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing philosophical and religious exemption has not decreased rates and must be left intact. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6640a3.htm
5) The idea that unvaccinated individuals pose a health risk to others is unsupported in the medical literature. In fact, vaccinated individuals can pose greater risk to public health due to a process known as shedding. Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterwards. https://www.westonaprice.org/studies-show-that-vaccinated-individuals-spread-disease/
6) Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Vaccine ingredients vary, but may contain a variety of toxic ingredients including but not limited to; mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde, cells from fetuses, cells from monkey kidneys, chicken egg proteins, gelatin, and viruses. http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm
7) Some vaccines are made using aborted fetal tissue. This article shows one of the world’s leading authorities on vaccination describing the use of 3-month-old aborted fetuses in vaccines. https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/worlds-leading-authority-on-vaccines-details-the-use-of-aborted-babies-in-vaccines-while-under-oath/
8) There are hundreds of new vaccines in development including some of the following in clinical trials: HIV, herpes, E. coli, dengue fever, avian influenza, smallpox, tuberculosis, typhoid, norovirus, cholera, smoking cessation, syphilis, and gonorrhea. If vaccine manufactures and others who profit from forced vaccination convince legislators to take away our right to delay or decline a vaccine now, what will our future look like?
9) Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
View SF 1520 here: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/bill.php?b=senate&f=SF1520&ssn=0&y=2019
If you want to learn more about other vaccine bills being considered in Minnesota visit: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) https://nvicadvocacy.org/members/Home.aspx