The Washington State Legislature is considering a bill, SB 5841, that would eliminate philosophical objection to vaccines for children. This means that the only way a child could attend daycare or school without having the full CDC-recommended schedule of vaccines would be with a religious or medical exemption.
The decision as to whether to undergo a medical procedure or not is a vital personal freedom, and your ability to say no – for yourself of your children – should not hinge on having a specific religious belief or being able to find a doctor who understands the complex medical issues. Forcing parents to choose between education and vaccinating their children with numerous vaccines is simply wrong.
SB 5841 passed out of the Senate Committee on Health and Long Term Care last week.
Now is the time to let your Senator know you OPPOSE this bill – before it is too late!
Talking points, which explain more about the problems with SB 5841, are below the Take Action section.
Just a few minutes of your time can make a difference.
Contact your Washington State Senator and ask them to oppose SB 5841.
You can look up who represents you here: http://leg.wa.gov/LIC/Pages/hotline.aspx
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator____ to oppose SB 5841, which would remove philosophical objection exemptions to vaccination for children in Washington.
Include a brief explanation of why this is important to YOU.
The Washington vaccination rate is approximately 90% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing vaccine exemptions are not harming the overall vaccination rates.
Personal liberty is a fundamental right, and individuals’ choices about what to put into their bodies – or their children’s bodies – should be respected by the state.
Medical exemptions are notoriously difficult to obtain even when someone has a legitimate concern about the side effects of vaccination. Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death, and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm.
Parents need to be able to make informed choices about their children’s care based on their specific situation, not forced to choose between educating and vaccinating their child.
I urge Representative _____ to oppose SB 5841.”
You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- The government should not be able to force a person to inject a pharmaceutical product into their body, since any medical procedure carries a risk of injury.
- The Washington vaccination rate is approximately 90% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing philosophical and religious exemption has not decreased rates and must be left intact. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6640a3.htm
- This legislation is being introduced because of the measles scare. However, the CDC has only confirmed 1 U.S. measles death (in 2015) in over a decade. According to the CDC, 3 confirmed cases of measles is an “outbreak.” There were only 159 confirmed measles cases in the U.S. between January 1, 2019 and February 21, 2019. There are over 327 million people in the U.S. We must not confuse the word outbreak with epidemic.
- As of March 31, 2018, there were more than89,355 reports of measles vaccine reactions, hospitalizations, injuries and deaths following measles vaccinations made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), including 445 related deaths, 6,196 hospitalizations, and 1,657 related disabilities. Over 60% of those adverse events occurred in children three years old and under.
- As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court – and evidenced by the $4 billion that has been paid by the federal government to victims – vaccines can injure and kill an individual. Parents need to be able to make informed choices about their children’s care based on their specific situation, not forced to choose between educating and vaccinating their child.
- The idea that unvaccinated individuals pose a health risk to others is unsupported in the medical literature. In fact, vaccinated individuals can pose greater risk to public health due to a process known as shedding. Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterwards. https://www.westonaprice.org/studies-show-that-vaccinated-individuals-spread-disease/
- Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Vaccine ingredients vary, but may contain a variety of toxic ingredients including but not limited to; mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde, cells from fetuses, cells from monkey kidneys, chicken egg proteins, gelatin, and viruses. http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm
- There are hundreds of new vaccines in development including some of the following in clinical trials: HIV, herpes, E. coli, dengue fever, avian influenza, smallpox, tuberculosis, typhoid, norovirus, cholera, smoking cessation, syphilis, and gonorrhea. If vaccine manufactures and others who profit from forced vaccination convince legislators to take away our right to delay or decline a vaccine now, what will our future look like?
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
View SB 5841 here: https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=5841&Initiative=false&Year=2019
If you want to learn more about other vaccine bills being considered in Washington visit: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) https://nvicadvocacy.org/members/Home.aspx🖨️ Print post
Leave a Reply