This is very tasty and nutritious at the same time. I serve it on the frozen Himalayan salt slab, so it stays nice and cold.
- 1 pound (about 1 slab) skinned sockeye salmon (fry skin and cut to strips, makes great chips!)
- 1 sweet onion (Vidal)
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 egg (pasture raised)
- 1 oz anchovies
- 1 can wild cod liver (4.3 oz can or so). Another option
- 1 oz fresh dill
- 1 oz dried ramps (optional)
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Chop salmon to small pieces, it’s easiest to use mezzaluna (moon shaped knife with 2 handles), it’s much quicker with that.
- Chop onions, anchovies, dill, liver (save the oil for later, to mix in.)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Let it infuse the flavors 15-20 min in freezer or fridge.
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread.
Editors note! This dish could also be served on top of a bed of greens such as romaine and arugula as well!
Another option for wild cod liver is the Officer Smoked Cod Liver brand, which has Marine Stewardship Council certification. It is sold on Amazon and Yummy Bazaar.