Earlier this week, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio issued an order that anyone who resides or works within 4 zip codes of Brooklyn who has not received a measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine (or who cannot demonstrate serological immunity), must receive the vaccine within 48 hours or face a potential fine of $1,000.
The decision as to whether or not to undergo a medical procedure is a fundamental personal freedom, and your ability to say no – for yourself or your children – should not be punished by the government.
While there have been an estimated 285 cases of measles since last October, that is out of an estimated 8 million people who live in New York City over a period of six months! And the officials aren’t sharing how many active cases remain.
Moreover, it was only a generation ago that measles was considered a benign childhood disease! In fact, studies show that those who contract natural measles have lower incidences of cancer than those who never get the disease. And remember that the MMR vaccine sheds, meaning that recently vaccinated people can give un-vaccinated people measles!
A New York judge just vacated an order by Ed Day, the Rockland County Executive, that banned minors from all public spaces (including schools) for 30 days. Rather than recognize the impropriety of such orders, Mayor de Blasio pushed ahead with this new approach to forcing people to get vaccinated.
If we are to maintain medical freedom and our most basic liberties, we need to raise our voices now! Together, let’s demand that politicians stop serving the pharmaceutical companies that fund their campaigns – and start doing what is right for the people.
Just a few minutes of your time can make a difference.
- If you live or work in the affected zip codes (11205, 11206, 11211, and 11249), consider becoming a plaintiff in a lawsuit that seeks an immediate repeal of the order. Please contact John Gilmore at email@example.com if you would like to be a plaintiff.
- Contact your New York State legislators and ask them to override the order.
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator (or Representative) ____ to override the recent measles vaccine mandate by Mayor De Blasio.
This unprecedented vaccine mandate threatens anyone who cares about basic freedoms, including bodily autonomy.
MMR vaccines carry a high rate of side effects. When there is a risk, there must be a choice.
MMR vaccines contain live viruses, so the vaccine can actually spread the disease – the order makes no sense, on top of its violation of our basic rights.
I urge _______ to take action to stop this order”
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you personally. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- MMR vaccination can carry life-threatening side effects. There have been more than 89,000 adverse reactions and 445 deaths, reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) related to the MMR vaccine – and it is estimated by the government that only 1% of all reactions are ever reported!
- As of March 31, 2018, there were more than 89,355 reports of measles vaccine reactions, hospitalizations, injuries and deaths following measles vaccinations made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), including 445 related deaths, 6,196 hospitalizations, and 1,657 related disabilities. Over 60% of those adverse events occurred in children three years old and under.
- Adverse events following MMR vaccination reported to VAERS include: lupus, Guillain-Barre syndrome, encephalitis, aseptic meningitis, deafness, cardiomyopathy, collapse/shock, convulsions, subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE), ataxia (loss of ability to coordinate muscle movements), parathesia (numbness, burning, prickling, itching, tingling skins sensation indicating nerve irritation), Transverse Myelitis, and Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM), and death. https://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Measles/measles-vaccine-injury-death.aspx
- Merck notes that during MMR vaccine post-marketing surveillance, there have been post-vaccination reports of: pneumonia, erythema multiforme (skin disorder from an allergic reaction or infection), urticarial rash (hives, itching from an allergic reaction), measles-like rash, burning/stinging at the injection site, nerve deafness, otitis media (ear infection), retinitis (inflammation of the retina of the eye), optic neuritis (inflammation of the optic nerve), and conjunctivitis. https://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Measles/measles-vaccine-injury-death.aspx
- MMR vaccines contain live viruses and they can cause measles. Package inserts warn about vaccine strain virus infection and shedding. There have been published reports of vaccine strain measles infection with clinical symptoms that are indistinguishable from wild-type measles. There are also reports of measles vaccine strain virus shedding and lab confirmed infection in children following MMR vaccination. https://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Measles/measles-vaccine-injury-death.aspx
- One of the most basic human rights is that of bodily autonomy—as supported by the Nuremburg Code. When there is risk, there must be choice. Ethical medicine requires prior, completely voluntary and fully informed consent, yet there continues to be a concerted effort to deny our freedoms, while pushing a one-size-fits-all vaccine agenda.
- The US Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. Over $4 billion has been paid out in vaccine injury compensation, yet the government estimates less than 1 percent of all vaccine injury is ever reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS.)
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
See the order here: