Last week, Ed Day, the County Executive of Rockland County, New York, declared a state of emergency and issued an order that minors under the age of 18 who are not vaccinated with the measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine are not allowed in public spaces for 30 days, beginning March 27, 2019.
Under the order, unvaccinated minors are not legal allowed to be at schools, businesses, public transportation, houses of worship, and other indoor public spaces. Violation of the order is a Class B misdemeanor and is punishable with up to 6 months in jail.
While there have been 153 cases of measles in Rockland County since last October, by the time Day declared the state of emergency there were only 4 active cases remaining in the county. Banning children from public spaces over 4 active cases of measles in a county with a population of 328,000 is ludicrous.
This order threatens anyone who cares about basic freedoms, including bodily autonomy and the right to go out in public for education, work, worship, or any other purpose. This unprecedented limitation on personal liberty is being based on a disease that was considered a relatively benign childhood rite of passage only a generation ago – until the pharmaceutical companies discovered how lucrative mandatory vaccination policies could be.
And remember that the MMR vaccine sheds, meaning that recently vaccinated people can give un-vaccinated people measles! No one has announced whether the 153 measles cases came from a vaccine virus or a natural, wild-type virus. Indeed, no information has been released as to the vaccination status of the 153 persons with measles. How many were vaccinated and the vaccine failed?
The decision as to whether to undergo a medical procedure or not is a fundamental personal freedom, and your ability to say no – for yourself or your children – should not be punished by the government. Forcing parents to vaccinate their children if they want their child to be able to go to school, accompany them to the grocery store, or attend religious services is wrong.
If we are to maintain medical freedom and our most basic liberties, we need to raise our voices now!
Just a few minutes of your time can make a difference.
- If you live in Rockland County, contact your Rockland County Legislators and urge them to override Ed Day’s order.
- If you live outside of Rockland County, contact your own county and city officials to express your outrage at Day’s order and to urge them not to follow his bad example. Each county has a different set up, so do an online search for “CountyName County Commissioners” or “CityName Council”
- For all New York residents, please call the office of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and State Health Commissioner Howard Zucker and ask them to override Day’s order.
Governor Andrew Cuomo, (518) 474-8390
Commissioner Howard Zucker, (518) 474-2011
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a Rockland Country resident/or New York resident. I am calling to ask ____ to oppose County Executive Ed Day’s order that restricts un-vaccinated minors from public places, including schools.
Day’s order is unfounded. On the date Day declared a state of emergency there were only 4 active cases of measles in a county of 328,000 people. Keeping healthy minors from school and other public places because they are not vaccinated against measles is both irrational and unconstitutional.
Personal liberty is a fundamental right, and individuals’ choices about what to put into their bodies – or their children’s bodies – should be respected by the state.
The measles vaccine package insert clearly states that vaccinated individuals can infect unvaccinated individuals through a process called shedding. In other words, recently vaccinated individuals put others at risk!
Vaccine package inserts also warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death, and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm.
No one should be threatened with jail time for deciding not to vaccinate his or her child when vaccines can injure and kill.
I urge _____ to do everything in his/her power to eliminate the ban.”
You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- The government should not be able to force a person to inject a pharmaceutical product into their body, since any medical procedure carries a risk of injury.
- The CDC has only confirmed 1 measles death in the U.S. in the last decade. According to the CDC, 3 confirmed cases of measles is an “outbreak.” There were only 159 confirmed measles cases in the U.S. between January 1, 2019 and February 21, 2019. There are over 327 million people in the U.S. We must not confuse the word “outbreak” with “epidemic.”
- As of March 31, 2018, more than89,355 reactions to the measles vaccine had been made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), including 445 related deaths, 6,196 hospitalizations, and 1,657 related disabilities. Over 60% of those adverse events occurred in children three years old and under.
- The vaccine’s own manufacturer, Merck, acknowledges that there have been post-vaccination reports of: pneumonia, erythema multiforme (skin disorder from an allergic reaction or infection), urticarial rash (hives, itching from an allergic reaction), measles-like rash, burning/stinging at the injection site, nerve deafness, otitis media (ear infection), retinitis (inflammation of the retina of the eye), optic neuritis (inflammation of the optic nerve), and conjunctivitis. https://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Measles/measles-vaccine-injury-death.aspx
- Measles vaccines (MMR) contain live viruses and they can cause measles. Package inserts warn about vaccine strain virus infection and shedding. There have been published reports of vaccine strain measles infection with clinical symptoms that are indistinguishable from wild-type measles. There are also reports of measles vaccine strain virus shedding and lab confirmed infection in children following MMR vaccination. https://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Measles/measles-vaccine-injury-death.aspx
- One of the most basic human rights is that of bodily autonomy—as supported by the Nuremburg Code. When there is risk, there must be choice. Ethical medicine requires completely voluntary and fully informed consent, yet there continues to be a concerted effort to push mandatory vaccines on every person.
- The US Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. Over $4 billion has been paid out in vaccine injury compensation, and that is a severe underestimate of the true harm caused to individuals, since the government estimates less than 1 percent of all vaccine injury is ever reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System ()
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.