The Pennsylvania Senate has approved a good bill that prohibits COVID-19 vaccine mandates for students.
Senate Bill No. 937 would amend the Public School Code of 1949 by adding a section that no child shall be required to be immunized for SARS-CoV-2. As amended, the bill also protects private and parochial school students.
Every child has the right to an education regardless of their vaccination status – especially when the science clearly demonstrates that unvaccinated children do not pose a risk to others.
The vote in the Senate was close (28 yeas to 21 nays), so we need to create pressure to keep the bill moving now that it is in the House. Please help us encourage House Members to vote yes to protect students!
Contact your House Member and ask him or her to SUPPORT S.B. 937.
You can look up who represents you at: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/
Sample script for email is below. Personalize it by adding your own sentences and changing the wording – personal emails are far more effective than form letters!
“My name is ____ and I live in (town). I am emailing to ask House Member ____ to support S.B. 937, which would prohibit COVID-19 vaccine mandates for students.
This bill is especially important to ensure schools do not discriminate against children who choose not to receive fast-tracked, experimental COVID-19 vaccines.
There have been no long-term studies on the safety of these shots. Students should not be forced to be injected with an experimental substance that could cause serious side effects. To date, there have been 709,084 injuries and 9,623 deaths reported in connection with the COVID shots to the CDC’s Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) — and it is estimated that only 10 percent of adverse reactions are ever reported.
Vaccine mandates are being justified on the idea of the “greater good” and protecting other people. But no individual, especially not children, should be forced to take a medical treatment for someone else’s benefit.
And even if it were possible to justify requiring children to take a shot in order to protect people around them, the data shows that the vaccine fails to prevent transmission of COVID. A recent study in the Lancet found that the peak viral load of COVID patients was similar regardless of vaccination status. The CDC’s data shows that tens of thousands of vaccinated individuals have gotten severe enough cases of COVID to have to be hospitalized – and the agency isn’t even trying to track cases among vaccinated people that don’t result in hospitalization, even though those individuals can spread COVID.
I urge House Member _____to SUPPORT S.B. 937, which would ensure children are not forced to take a shot that carries the risk of serious side effects in order to get an education
Keep your email short! Pick the 2 or 3 of these talking points – or none of them — that are most important to you, and be sure to explain why this issue matters to you personally.
- Share why this is personal to you. Do you or a family member have a history of vaccine reactions? Is your child at risk for autoimmune conditions or other potential side effects of COVID-19 shots?
- No one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Each of us may respond differently as we have different medical histories, genes, epigenetics, and microbiomes.
- Young adults and teens (especially males) vaccinated against COVID-19 have been shown to have a higher risk for myocarditis (heart inflammation) than other populations. There has simply not been enough time to see what the risks of myocarditis and other potentially serious side effects of the vaccine are for younger children.
- The risk of children dying from COVID-19 is extremely low. There have been a total of 678 deaths in children from newborn to 17 years old in the last two years – just 1% of the deaths from all causes in the same age range in the same time period. https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Sex-and-Age/9bhg-hcku In contrast, even with very low vaccination rates among children, there have already been 39 deaths and 1,471 hospitalizations reported to the CDC in children in reaction to the COVID vaccine, as of 12/29/21. https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html
- The Director of the CDC admits COVID-19 shots do not prevent transmission. For this reason alone, children should not be forced to submit to the injections. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/08/06/cdc_director_vaccines_no_longer_prevent_you_from_spreading_covid.html#
- COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers and providers are shielded from liability through the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act, or PREP Act. The only option for compensating people injured by COVID-19 shots is the Countermeasures Injury Compensation program (CICP). Only eight percent of all petitioners since 2010 have been awarded compensation through the CICP. No legal or medial expert fees are covered, no pain and suffering is awarded, lost wages are capped at $50,000, and there is no judicial appeal. In other words, the victims will be severely undercompensated while the pharmaceutical companies get rich.
- COVID-19 vaccines carry the risk of injury and death for some so there must be informed consent and the right to refuse the vaccine without penalty. As of December 24th, there had already been 709,084 COVID-19 vaccine adverse events and 9,623 COVID-19 vaccine deaths in the U.S. reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System.
MORE INFORMATION🖨️ Print post