Last month we told you about a good bill, House Bill (HB 5191), in the Connecticut legislature that would add moral and philosophical belief exemptions to vaccines required for school.
Now we’d like to tell you about another good bill, HB 5191, that would add a religious exemption to vaccines required for school.
Currently, the only option for a vaccine exemption for school children in Connecticut is a medical exemption, which is notoriously difficult to obtain.
H.B. 5191 is sponsored by Representative Mark DeCaprio and was referred to the Joint Committee on Public Health on 1-11-2023.
This is a great bill – but it’s a long road to it becoming law! We need you to make your voice heard!
Urge the committee and your legislators to support H.B. 5191 today!
- Contact Members of the Joint Committee on Public Health and urge them to support H.B. 5191. The phone number for the committee is 860-240-0560.
You can see who is on the committee here under the “Committee Membership” tab on the webpage: https://www.cga.ct.gov/ph/
- Contact your Connecticut State representative and urge them to support H.B. 5191.
You can find out who represents you at: https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/cgafindleg.asp
Calls are more effective than emails and only take a few minutes. Below is a sample script, and there are additional talking points after the second action item. Use your own words when you call or email – a personal message is always more effective than a form message!
“My name is ____, and I live in (town.) I am calling to ask Committee Member/Representative ___ to support H.B. 5191, which would create religious vaccine exemptions for school children.
This terrific bill would allow parents to make decisions that are best for their children based on their sincerely held beliefs.
Forcing parents to choose between education and vaccinating their children with numerous vaccines that go against their personal and religious views is simply wrong. It is time to bring religious vaccine exemptions back to Connecticut.
Can you let me know where Committee Member/Representative ___ stands on this issue? You can email me at ____ or call me back at ____.”
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share why this is personal to you. Do you have philosophical or religious beliefs that conflict with vaccination? Have you or someone you know had a vaccine reaction?
- Prior to the removal of religious exemptions to vaccination, the Connecticut child vaccination rate was 96.7% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. It remains the same to date. Religious exemptions were never a problem and should never have been rescinded.
[see Table 1 – https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6640a3.htm]
- Connecticut is 1 of only 5 states that do not currently allow parents to claim a religious exemption for their children. This infringes on parents’ sincerely held religious beliefs. Connecticut’s policy violates religious exemption to vaccination already provided for and protected under the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- To be forced to do something to our bodies that violate our beliefs is to sin against God.
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufacturers reap all the profits from vaccines without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm. https://www.nvic.org/newsletter/mar-2011/no-pharma-liability-no-vaccine-mandates
- The claimed justification – that unvaccinated individuals pose a health risk to others – is unsupported in the medical literature. In fact, vaccinated individuals can pose a greater risk to public health due to a process known as shedding. Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles, and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterward and infect the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. https://www.westonaprice.org/studies-show-that-vaccinated-individuals-spread-disease/
- No one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Each of us may respond differently as we have different medical histories, genes, epigenetics, and microbiomes.
- Vaccines are medical procedures that carry a risk of serious injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). The U.S. Government has paid out nearly $4.9 billion as of 2/1/2023 to the victims of vaccine injury, per VICP Data Reports. [ https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/data
- Vaccine manufacturers such as Pfizer, Merck, and GlaxoSmithKline have paid billions of dollars in criminal penalties and settlements for research fraud, faking drug safety studies, failing to report safety problems, bribery, kickbacks, and false advertising [1,2]. Pfizer paid $2.3 billion in 2009 alone to resolve criminal and civil allegations .
 Merck ($2 billion, 2007) – https://www.corp-research.org/merck
 GlaxoSmithKline ($3 billion, 2012) – https://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/jul/03/glaxosmithkline-fined-bribing-doctors-pharmaceuticals?CMP=share_btn_fb
 Pfizer ($2.3 billion, 2009) – https://abcnews.go.com/Business/pfizer-fined-23-billion-illegal-marketing-off-label/story?id=8477617
Learn more about H.B. 5191 here:
https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus/cgabillstatus.asp?selBillType=Bill&which_year=2023&bill_num=HB5191🖨️ Print post
Leave a Reply