During the summer months when tomatoes and cucumbers are fresh, there always seems to be extras and finding new recipes can help spice up these favorite vegetables. This is the perfect fresh side dish salad to take to your next community gathering or potluck. This quick and easy salad is light and refreshing and sure to be a hit.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- Italian Salad Dressing (see below)
- 3 Tbsp feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp black olives (optional)
Prepare veggies and blend in a bowl. Pour on salad dressing and mix well. Add feta cheese and olives as desired. Enjoy right away or marinate over night.
Italian Salad Dressing
- 6 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp each of thyme, basil, and oregano
- Unrefined salt and pepper to taste (I use about ½-1 tsp of each)