It’s tomato season. Here in New Hampshire that’s a pretty short time so I find a way to have a tomato salad almost every day. My favorite recipe follows.
- 1 large heirloom tomato, left on the counter to ripen an extra day or 2 after purchase
- 3 Tbsp salad dressing (see recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 small diced onion (optional)
Cut the tomato into small pieces and remove the seeds and any liquid parts. Place in a bowl. Stir in the cheese, salad dressing and onion. Dust with unrefined sea salt and eat!
- aged balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp ground yellow mustard
- generous pinch of unrefined sea salt
- 2 or 3 Tbsp maple syrup
I always make up a pint of dressing at a time. Fill the bottom inch with vinegar. Fill the remaining space with olive oil leaving an inch of head space or air at the top.
Crush garlic and add after letting it sit in a small bowl for 10 minutes to create its healing potential. Add mustard, salt and maple syrup. Stir well and enjoy!🖨️ Print post
Brian A says