Support Legal Raw Cream and Raw Butter –
Tell Rules Committee to Schedule HB 182 Hearing
House Bill 182 (HB 182), a bill that would legalize the sale of raw cream and raw butter by licensed dairies in Utah, easily passed out of the House last week but is now being held up in the Senate by the Rules Committee which has yet to schedule a hearing for the bill.
The deadline for scheduling a hearing in the Senate this legislative session is tomorrow (March 6); the Senate Rules Committee meets at noon tomorrow to schedule hearings on bills for the last time in 2019. There is a good chance that HB 182 will pass if it gets a hearing.
It’s urgent that raw dairy supporters contact the Rules Committee members by 11:30 am tomorrow morning (March 6).
ACTION TO TAKE
- Call and/or email each Senator on the Rules Committee and ask that they schedule a hearing for HB 182. Calls are most effective; see the committee list at the end of this email for their phone numbers. Use Talking Points below.
You may copy/paste this block to send an email to most of the committee members:
Subject: Schedule HB 182 Hearing – Raw Milk Products
- Senators also have an intern that can be contacted to ensure the Senators get your message. Call and/or email the interns to emphasize the importance of HB 182. Phone numbers are also listed at the end for the interns.
You may copy/paste this block to send an email to most of the interns:
Subject: Please Schedule HB 182 Hearing – Raw Milk Products
- The bill will expand consumer access to nutrient-dense raw dairy products and keep more of the food dollar in the community.
- HB 182 will enable dairy farmers to make a better living through the sale of the high demand value-added dairy products–butter and cream.
- Raw cream and raw butter have an excellent track record for safety. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), foodborne illness database which runs from 1998-2016 there is not a single case of foodborne illness attributed to the consumption of commercially produced raw butter, Organic Pastures Dairy Company (OPDC) in California has sold over 2 million pounds of raw butter without a single complaint.
WAPF will issue further alerts as events warrant.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS –
Sen. Lincoln Fillmore (R), Vice Chair
Phone: Mobile: 385-831-8902
Sen. David G. Buxton (R), Chair
Phone: Mobile: 801-707-7095
Sen. Jacob L. Anderegg (R)
Phone: Mobile: 801-901-3580
Sen. Wayne A. Harper (R)
Phone: Home: 801-566-5466
Sen. Daniel Hemmert (R)
Phone: Mobile: 801-380-8262
Sen. Don L. Ipson (R)
Phone: Mobile: 435-817-5281
Sen. Jani Iwamoto (D)
Phone: Mobile: 801-580-8414
Sen. Karen Mayne (D)
Phone: Home: 801-232-6648
Sen. Daniel McCay (R)
Phone: Mobile: 801-810-4110
Anderegg, J. – Francesca Bruno firstname.lastname@example.org 801-910-6583
Buxton, D. G. – Aaron Pentico email@example.com 385-441-0596
Fillmore, L. – Jesse Dowdle firstname.lastname@example.org 801-891-1738
Harper, W. – Samuel Burge email@example.com 801-870-8153
Hemmert, D. – Hope Collins firstname.lastname@example.org 801-910-8241
Ipson, D. – Ryan Robinson email@example.com 385-441-0605
Iwamoto, J. – Naomi Dorsey firstname.lastname@example.org 801-865-2824
Mayne, K. – Michael Scott email@example.com 801-870-0944
McCay 385-441- 0565🖨️ Print post