A citizen petition has been presented to the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) to mandate COVID-19 vaccines for all school employees, and for all students for whom the vaccine is approved. Religious exemptions would not be allowed.
Comments in opposition to this mandate should be serious, coherent and substantive, and may contain references to scholarly publications.
Reasons to oppose mandatory COVID-19 vaccination include:
· The ethic of informed medical consent includes the right of individuals to accept or to decline a pharmaceutical product or medical intervention. This right has been universally affirmed as a human right by ethicists, medical societies, Virginia regulation, institutional patient bills of rights, and the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
· Phase III clinical trials for the available COVID-19 shots will not be completed until April 6, 2023 (Pfizer/BioNTech), February 14, 2023 (Moderna) and January 3, 2023 (Johnson and Johnson).
· These are new pharmaceutical products and there are no animal studies or long term safety profiles. Specifically, it is not known whether these experimental products may cause autoimmune disease, allergy, cancer, reproductive harm, or cardiac, vascular or neurodevelopmental disorders.
· The natural immunity of those individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 has been shown to be robust and durable.
· Vaccinated individuals are capable of contracting the SARS-CoV2 virus and transmitting it to others.
· In June, 2021, the CDC reported a “likely association” between injection with the mRNA COVID-19 shot and heart inflammation. The FDA subsequently required that a warning about myocarditis and pericarditis be added to the manufacturer’s insert. Myocarditis and pericarditis are inflammatory conditions that can lead to cardiac arrhythmia and death. Individuals have the right to decide whether the risks associated with this pharmaceutical product are ones they are willing to accept for themselves or their child(ren).
View the petition details and leave thoughtful commentary in opposition to this mandate before October 17 here: https://townhall.virginia.gov/L/ViewPetition.cfm?petitionid=352
The VDH will review all comments and make a decision within 90 days of October 17.🖨️ Print post
Michelle Drouin says
No one should be mandated to any Drug that has not Processed through all channels of experimentation.
Never should any human being be mandated to take any drug they have no knowledge on of long term effects.
They are still guessing outcomes of these drugs at best.
No human being should be forced to do anything. This violates human rights. As well as the constitution the United States of America.
This shot should absolutely be optional. This is America and this should be a CHOICE not an ULTIMATUM. There are no long term effects and the reports that have come out with people experiencing adverse effects are staggering. The airline issues are due to staff not wanting to get this shot because of what’s happening with blood clots in flight. Please allow this shot to be optional, it could be life or death for some.
Stay away from the children you tyrants! Literal child abuse. Choose for yourself this experimental drug but do not force this upon everyone due to your own immoral convictions.
M Sullivan says
The ingredients have never been published for any of these injections. You cannot expect the public to have true informed consent without knowing the exact ingredients. The paper insert inside the box has been left blank, on purpose. There are many people out there with severe allergies that need to know the ingredients.
M Sullivan says
They need to post all ingredients for the public to have true knowledgable consent. They are many out there with allergies.
Lynn Brunke says
I am in complete agreement that informed consent means you have the right to reject any medical procedure/medication/treatment plan once you are completely informed. I am a nurse of 47 years and have never forced any patient, nor have I seen any physician force any patient, to consent to a procedure/medication/treatment plan that they were not in 100% agreement with. I am appalled how low our medical system has bowed to, all in the name of obtaining federal funding. What happened to “my body, my choice?”