A citizen petition has been presented to the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) to mandate COVID-19 vaccines for all school employees, and for all students for whom the vaccine is approved. Religious exemptions would not be allowed.
Comments in opposition to this mandate should be serious, coherent and substantive, and may contain references to scholarly publications.
Reasons to oppose mandatory COVID-19 vaccination include:
· The ethic of informed medical consent includes the right of individuals to accept or to decline a pharmaceutical product or medical intervention. This right has been universally affirmed as a human right by ethicists, medical societies, Virginia regulation, institutional patient bills of rights, and the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
· Phase III clinical trials for the available COVID-19 shots will not be completed until April 6, 2023 (Pfizer/BioNTech), February 14, 2023 (Moderna) and January 3, 2023 (Johnson and Johnson).
· These are new pharmaceutical products and there are no animal studies or long term safety profiles. Specifically, it is not known whether these experimental products may cause autoimmune disease, allergy, cancer, reproductive harm, or cardiac, vascular or neurodevelopmental disorders.
· The natural immunity of those individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 has been shown to be robust and durable.
· Vaccinated individuals are capable of contracting the SARS-CoV2 virus and transmitting it to others.
· In June, 2021, the CDC reported a “likely association” between injection with the mRNA COVID-19 shot and heart inflammation. The FDA subsequently required that a warning about myocarditis and pericarditis be added to the manufacturer’s insert. Myocarditis and pericarditis are inflammatory conditions that can lead to cardiac arrhythmia and death. Individuals have the right to decide whether the risks associated with this pharmaceutical product are ones they are willing to accept for themselves or their child(ren).
View the petition details and leave thoughtful commentary in opposition to this mandate before October 17 here: https://townhall.virginia.gov/L/ViewPetition.cfm?petitionid=352
The VDH will review all comments and make a decision within 90 days of October 17.🖨️ Print post