New York is considering a bill, A 8378, that would mandate that all eligible children between the ages of two months and eighteen years be vaccinated for COVID-19 if they attend any school (public, private, or parochial) or are in a day care facility.
Eligibility would be determined based on what ages the vaccines are approved for. Right now, the vaccine is approved for children 5 years and older.
Please help us stop this terrible bill in its tracks by contacting your NY state Assembly Member today! Vaccines are a medical decision that should be left up to individuals and parents, not mandated.
Contact your NY state Assembly Member and ask him or her to OPPPOSE A8378. You can find out who represents you at https://nyassembly.gov/mem/search/
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask ___ to oppose A8378, which mandates COVID-19 vaccines for students and children in day care.
COVID injections have been rushed to market and there have been no long-term studies to guarantee their safety. To date over 650,000 people have reported adverse reactions and thousands have died after the COVID vaccine. And many more have probably suffered reactions, since it is estimated that only between 1 and 10 percent of reactions are reported. Yet the manufactures are shielded from liability for any harm they cause.
Vaccine mandates are being justified on the idea of the “greater good” and protecting other people. But no individual, especially not children, should be forced to take a medical treatment for someone else’s benefit.
And even if it were possible to justify requiring children to take a shot in order to protect people around them, the data shows that the vaccine fails to prevent transmission of COVID. A recent study in the Lancet found that the peak viral load of COVID patients was similar regardless of vaccination status. The CDC’s data shows that tens of thousands of vaccinated individuals have gotten severe enough cases of COVID to have to be hospitalized – and the agency isn’t even trying to track cases among vaccinated people that don’t result in hospitalization, even though those individuals can spread COVID.
A8378 would require children to put themselves at risk for potentially life-long health problems or even death, based on the desire to believe that the vaccine protects others – when it doesn’t.
I urge Assembly Member _______ to oppose this bill.
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share a personal story, if you have relevant experience. Have you or a family member had an adverse reaction to a vaccine?
- The data from the CDC show that as of October 18, at least 10,857 Americans had died of COVID despite being fully vaccinated, and 30,270 more fully vaccinated Americans had been hospitalized with COVID-19. https://www.ibtimes.com/10857-fully-vaccinated-americans-have-died-covid-19-30000-hospitalized-3326930 And those numbers don’t account for the probable hundreds of thousands of vaccinated individuals who have contracted COVID but not been hospitalized.
- COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers and providers are shielded from liability through the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act, or PREP Act. The only option for compensating people injured by COVID-19 vaccines is the Countermeasures Injury Compensation program (CICP). Only eight percent of all petitioners since 2010 have been awarded compensation through the CICP. No legal or medial expert fees are covered, no pain and suffering is awarded, lost wages are capped at $50,000, and there is no judicial appeal. In other words, the victims will be severely undercompensated while the pharmaceutical companies get rich.
- COVID-19 vaccines carry the risk of injury and death for some so there has to be informed consent and the right to refuse the vaccine without penalty. As of November 30th, there had already been 664,745 COVID-19 vaccine adverse events and 8,898 COVID-19 vaccine deaths in the U.S. reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html
- The risk of children dying from COVID-19 is extremely low. There have been a total of 621 deaths in children from newborn to 17 years old in the last 23 months – less than 1% of the deaths from all causes in the same age range in the same time period. https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Sex-and-Age/9bhg-hcku In contrast, even with very low vaccination rates among children, there have already been 35 deaths and 1,334 hospitalizations reported to the CDC in children in reaction to the COVID vaccine. https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html
- The clinical trials for the vaccine excluded several groups, but the vaccine was still approved for use on all children 5 or older.
- Young adults and teens (especially males) vaccinated against COVID-19 have been shown to have a higher risk for myocarditis (heart inflammation) than other populations. There has simply not been enough time to see what the risks of myocarditis and other potentially serious side effects of the vaccine are for younger children.
- The FDA approved a formulaic change to the vaccine, containing an ingredient, which the FDA states will make the vaccine easier to store. Some have noted that this ingredient, tromethamine, is also used to stabilize individuals after experiencing cardiac arrest.
Find text, status and history for A8378 here: https://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&leg_video=&bn=A08378&term=2021&Actions=Y&Text=Y🖨️ Print post