This is my 4-year-old son Josiah’s favorite recipe. Great for feeding babies too since you don’t have to cut it up for them! 🙂 I like to serve this with soaked brown rice, but mashed potatoes or noodles would be great too!
- 3 Tbsp butter (more as needed)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic sprouted flour (or organic unbleached flour)
- 1 cup beef or chicken stock (water will work in a pinch)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Thaw frozen ground beef either overnight in the fridge or in cold water for about an hour.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add onions, garlic and mushrooms. Stir and cook until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown together with the onion mixture.
- Once beef is browned, stir in flour.
- Add stock and scrape the bottom of the pan to get any stuck-on bits released.
- Simmer a few minutes until thickened slightly.
- Add sour cream, salt and pepper. Simmer about 3 minutes.
Leave a Reply