Great way to use all those green tomatoes in the garden before the frost.
It has a very pleasant taste and adds awesome probiotics boost to your gut.
It’s a great addition for salads, sandwich, charcuterie boards, side dish, use brine as a gut shot or add to soups.
- Small green tomatoes
- Sea salt
- Marigold blooms
- Prick the green tomatoes and remove any stems. Place in glass jar.
- Add garlic cloves and Marygolds.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of sea salt to each quart of water, making enough to completely cover the tomatoes.
- Weigh the tomatoes down with a fermentation weight. Be sure that the vegetables are completely submerged.
- Close with the fermentation lid and ferment for 5 days on your counter. Refrigerate and allow fermentation to continue for several more days.