This is a low glycemic, grainless recipe. I do not use egg whites because I’m allergic to the whites but not the yolks. I find it great for a late afternoon snack, before dinner or can be enjoyed as “dessert” with lunch.
- 1 3/4 cups crispy almond flour (made fresh from soaked and dried almonds)
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal (made fresh)
- 1 cup sugar-free grated coconut
- 5 pastured egg yolks
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of grated zucchini, apple, carrot or yam
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- lemon/orange peel
- grated ginger
Mix all dry ingredients. Add egg yolks then grated zucchini, apple, carrot or yam. Add melted coconut oil and vanilla. Mix all together and add a little hot water if needed for consistency.
Fill muffin pans 3/4 full. Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top. Let cool in muffin pans to hold shape. I store in the freezer, good as is or warmed slightly with butter on top.🖨️ Print post