This was served at our 2021 Wise Traditions Conference held in Allen, Texas, just north of Dallas. The photo above was taken by Lisa Bianco-Davis, our Eugene, Oregon Chapter Leader!
- 1/4 cup olive oil [or better yet, animal fat such as tallow or lard]
- 2 lbs. ground beef and pork
- 1 lb organ meat (heart, kidney, liver, etc.), soaked in lemon juice, rinsed, drained, ground
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups beer (lager or ale)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 T oregano
- 1 T cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- Sauté the onions, garlic and meats in the olive oil until meat is browned.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer on medium low for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Serve with sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, chopped scallions, and tortilla chips.
Recipe Moderator Note
This is Sandrine Perez! Wave. I took this photo below of the meal alongside the hat I wore at the conference. The chili is a bit hidden on the left plate, but you can see the entire meal!
Holy Cow Beef and Burgundy Pasture Beef Organ Meat Chili
Miller’s Organic Farm Sour Cream, Sunny Crest Pastures Grated Cheddar,
Salsa, Tortilla Chips fried in White Oak Pastures Lard
Cilantro-Lime Slaw with Pine Nuts
God’s Good Table Curtido
Coconut Panna Cotta
You guys are awesome!! MVMLA!!! Great hat
How come Sunny Crest Pastures isn’t in the 2023 Shopping Guide?