Emergency Action Needed Immediately
AB 1604 is Under Attack!!
Raw milk consumers please call all of the appropriations committee members and demand passage of AB 1604.
Our raw milk protecting AB 1604 bill has been sent to the Assembly Appropriations Committee. We believe this to be an action to kill AB 1604. AB 1604 was to be a non appropriations committee bill and was supposed to go directly to the floor of the assembly for a vote. This did not happen and we believe that CDFA and Big Dairy interests have become involved in a very dirty back room political game to kill AB 1604 in a friendly committee.
The appropriations committee is very friendly to Big Dairy and CDFA. This is their way of stopping AB 1604. It is another zero notice sneak attack on our raw milk availability. We did know of this committee vote until today.
ACTION TO TAKE
It is critical that you call all of the assembly members that sit on the appropriations committee and demand that AB 1604 pass the committee.
Here is the message;
1. AB 1604 is not supposed to be an appropriations bill!!
2. AB 1604 secures raw milk for Californians. We demand it!!
3. AB 1604 passed the Assembly Ag Committee with a unanimous vote
4. AB1604 Ag committee hearings were attended by 700 people all demanding raw milk be protected as a matter of personal choice and medical necessity.
5. Asthma and allergies is healed by raw milk and many of the raw milk drinkers asthma will return if raw milk is not protected.
6. Other medical diseases will also return to raw milk consumers including Crohns, IBS, osteoporosis and celiac disease. Testimony was heard from doctors and scientists during the AB 1604 Assembly Ag Committee hearings about the strength of raw milk as a natural pro-biotic food.
7. AB 1604 must pass, it is a citizens right to choose foods that are not processed.
Mark Leno – Chair
Dem-13 (916) 319-2013 Assemblymember.leno (at) assembly.ca.gov
Mimi Walters – Vice Chair
Rep-73 916) 319-2073 Assemblymember.walters (at) assembly.ca.gov
Anna M. Caballero
Dem-28 (916) 319-2028 Assemblymember.Caballero (at) assembly.ca.gov
Dem-48 (916) 319-2048 Assemblymember.Davis (at) assembly.ca.gov
Dem-11 (916) 319-2011 Assemblymember.DeSaulnier (at) assembly.ca.gov
Rep-63 (916) 319-2063 Assemblymember.emmerson (at) assembly.ca.gov
Dem-6 (916) 319-2006 Assemblymember.Huffman (at) assembly.ca.gov
Dem-54 (916) 319-2054 Assemblymember.Karnette (at) assembly.ca.gov
Dem-43 (916) 319-2043 Assemblymember.Krekorian (at) assembly.ca.gov
Doug La Malfa
Rep-2 (916) 319-2002 Assemblymember.lamalfa (at) assembly.ca.gov
Ted W. Lieu
Dem-53 (916) 319-2053 Assemblymember.Lieu (at) assembly.ca.gov
Dem-12 (916) 319-2012 Assemblymember.Ma (at) assembly.ca.gov
Rep-10 (916) 319-2010 Assemblymember.nakanishi (at) assembly.ca.gov
Dem-35 (916) 319-2035 Assemblymember.nava (at) assembly.ca.gov
Rep-36 (916) 319-2036 Assemblywoman.Runner (at) assembly.ca.gov
Dem-69 (916) 319-2069 Assemblymember.solorio (at) assembly.ca.gov